Master in Clinical Pharmacy is offered by the College of Pharmacy, Gulf Medical University (GMU) in collaboration with Cleveland Clinic Abu Dhabi (CCAD) and Virginia Commonwealth University (VCU), United States. The collaboration includes experts from CCAD and VCU contributing to the delivery of some courses. CCAD is also a site for certain speciality rotations including Parenteral Nutrition and Infectious Diseases.
The Master in Clinical Pharmacy (MCP) program received accreditation from the Ministry of Education (Previously known as Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research), United Arab Emirates. [Link]
Master in Clinical Pharmacy is a specialized degree not only advancing the Pharmacist to be a Clinical Pharmacist but also specializing in a student selected clinical area of focus. The advantage of being a clinical specialist with a chosen speciality course (3 credits), speciality rotation (4 credits) and research thesis on same speciality (6 credits) is a highlight of GMU MCP Program.
GMU has been offering the Doctor of Pharmacy (PharmD) program since 2008. With 10 years of experience, it is now in a position to provide excellent Clinical Pharmacy training at the master level especially with its own teaching hospitals and clinics in the UAE. Thumbay group of teaching hospitals have diverse patients and trained clinical preceptors for high quality advanced experiential learning.
GMU, being one of the leading Medical Universities in the region, offers multi-professional clinical research opportunities that impact clinical practice and are published in high-quality international journals.
For working pharmacists, the study plan is flexible to complete all the courses in 4 or 5 semesters. All classes are in the evenings and/or weekends.
- Highest quality & most affordable program in the UAE.
- Flexible payment plan.
- The program designed for working professionals.
- Collaboration with Cleveland Clinic Abu Dhabi and Virginia Commonwealth University, US.
- On Campus Thumbay University Hospital.
- Preferred training site for national and international clinical pharmacy students.
- Experienced faculty with potential master research in collaboration with US institutions.
- Leading to specializations in Cardiology, ID, Oncology, PN, Nephrology, and Pharmacy Administration.
Who will benefit from the program
- Pharmacists who seek to advance their careers as clinical pharmacists
- Graduates of PharmD or BPharm to specialize in a clinical speciality
- National and International pharmacists who would prefer to be trained by GMU-Cleveland Clinic Abu Dhabi-Virginia Commonwealth University experts and facilities
- Pharmacists who wish to perform a multi-professional clinical research at GMU and affiliated institutions