GMU shall provide admission equally to all students irrespective of their national origin, colour gender, religion or disability, to all the rights, privileges, activities and programs offered by the university.
GMU shall comply all the directives of Ministry of Education (MoE) regarding limitations (caps) on total enrolment or enrolment in specified programs.
All admission policies and criteria for admission are consistent with the GMU mission and the goals of its programs. These policies are clearly defined, applied to all students equally, and are published in relevant documents including the Student Handbook, Catalog and on the GMU website.
GMU shall admit candidates who are experiencing special educational needs and disabilities (SEND) as per the GMU admission policy for students of determination.
GMU does not compromise its admissions standards or academic progress policies to achieve a desired enrolment.
Timelines for Undergraduate programs for AY 2023-24 (September 2023)
|Applications / Admission process Open||November 7, 2022|
|Application acceptance and Interview starts||January 9, 2023|
|Admission offers||within 3 weeks after interview|
|Applications close||August 15, 2023|
|Admissions close||3 weeks after commencement of the program|
|Transfer Applications / Admission process Open||December 5, 2022|
|Transfer Applications close||July 30, 2023|
|Transfer Admissions close||August 31, 2023|
|PG Remedial Course registration open||March 15, 2023|
|PG Remedial Course registration close||July 15, 2023|
General Undergraduate Admission Requirements
- Applicants shall meet all admission criteria for entry into the higher education programs offered by the University, as laid down in the Standards (2019) for Licensure and Accreditation published by the Commission for Academic Accreditation (CAA), Ministry of Education – Higher Education Affairs.
- The Applicant must have completed a minimum of 12 years of education in school and passed subjects in Physics, Chemistry and Biology in the Higher Secondary Examination.
- All UAE Nationals who are graduates of the National Service Program shall be treated equal to the High School graduates in the year in which they have graduated the National Service Program.
- All international curriculum applicants are mandatory to submit an equivalency certificate.
If, the student does not obtain the certification or equivalency, the student is granted conditional admission to the program with a letter of conditional acceptance issued by the Ministry of Education under the following conditions:
- The student must complete the specified introductory courses within the period stipulated in the letter of conditional admission issued by the Ministry, not calculating the final courses as credit hours for graduation and not calculating in the GPA.
- In case of conditional admission, the student is granted final admission if he/she fulfils the following on or before the end of the conditional admission period:
- Submits the equivalency certificate issued by the Ministry of Education
- Or passing specified remedial subjects, as mentioned in the letter of conditional admission issued by the Ministry of Education
- Or pass successfully at least twenty-four (24) academic hours in the specialization courses.
- The event that the student does not fulfil the conditions stipulated for full admission, the institution may cancel conditional admission and stop progression of the student or seek permission from the Ministry of Education for extension of conditional period.
- The applicant must have passed any one of the following minimum English Language Proficiency Tests EmSAT English 1100 or TOEFL 500 (CBT 173 / iBT 61 ) or IELTS0 for Academic or equivalent in any other standardized internationally recognized test approved by the Commission for Academic Accreditation (CAA), Ministry of Education, UAE. (Refer requirements for specific programs)
- After successful completion of the selection process, a personal meeting with the applicant and parent is arranged before the GMU Admission Committee.
- The decision of the Admission Committee shall be final and binding.
- Attested High School Transcript of Grades 10 or 11, & 12 covering Biology, Chemistry, Physics or Mathematics & English.
- Equivalency Certificate from the Ministry of Education, UAE
- Passport copy and Emirates ID Card (if UAE Resident)
- Valid English Proficiency Score sheet (EmSAT/IELTS/TOEFL etc.)
- Passport-size Photographs x 5
- All UAE Nationals shall submit a copy of UAE nationality ID (Khulasat Al-Kayd) and family Book/card with identification number
- Good Conduct Certificate from school
- Medical Fitness Certificate from Thumbay Hospital
All originals shall be scanned and returned to applicant.
General Graduate Admission Requirements
- Applicants shall meet all admission criteria for entry into the higher education programs offered by the University, as laid down in the Standards (2019) published by the Commission for Academic Accreditation (CAA), Ministry of Education – Higher Education Affairs, UAE.
- Applicant shall be a graduate of an accredited school in the UAE or a graduate of an IMED-listed medical school outside the UAE or a graduate of an Allied Health Sciences Program as applicable with an overall GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 point scale or its established equivalent.
- The University shall require the submission of official transcripts of credit/s earned from all institutions of higher education previously attended.
- Preferable valid license to practice issued from MoH / DHA / HAAD for the MPT / MDS/ MLS programs
- The Applicant must have proficiency in spoken and written English. The applicant must have passed the English language proficiency test such as TOEFL, IELTS Academic. A minimum score of Emsat (1400-1525), 550 TOEFL (213 CBT, 79 iBT), 6.0 IELTS Academic, as approved by the Commission for Academic Accreditation (CAA), Ministry of Education – Higher Education Affairs, UAE.
Conditional Admission Requirements
- A student with a recognized baccalaureate degree and a minimum score of Emsat (1250-1375), 530 TOEFL (197 CBT, 71 iBT), 5.5 IELTS Academic, as approved by Commission for Academic Accreditation (CAA), Ministry of Education – Higher Education Affairs, UAE may be admitted conditionally to a Master’s program. Such student must meet the following requirements during the period of conditional admission or be subject to dismissal from the program:
- The student must achieve a TOEFL score of 550 or its equivalent by the end of the first semester.
- The student may be allowed to take a maximum of six credit hours in the first semester of study, not including intensive English course.
- The student must achieve an overall GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 point scale or its established equivalent in the first nine credit hours of credit-bearing courses taken for the Master’s program.
- Graduate with a minimum cumulative grade point average (CGPA) of 2.5 to 2.9 on a 4.0 scale or its established equivalent shall be conditionally admitted to the first semester as follows:
- is allowed take a maximum of nine credit hours of courses studied for the graduate program during the period of conditional admission and
- must achieve a minimum CGPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale, or its established equivalent, in these nine credits of courses studied for the graduate program to progress to second semester or be subject to dismissal.
- Graduate with a minimum cumulative grade point average (CGPA) of 2.0 to 2.4 on a 4.0 scale or its established equivalent shall be admitted to the first semester as follows:
- is required to successfully complete a maximum of nine graduate-level credit hours as remedial preparation for the graduate program. These remedial courses are not for credit within the degree program
- must achieve a minimum CGPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale, or its established equivalent, in these nine credits of remedial courses in order to be admitted to the graduate program or be subject to dismissal.
- Recognized baccalaureate degree and transcripts attested from the Ministry of Education, UAE
- Equivalency certificate for graduates from outside UAE
- Passport copy and Emirates ID Card (if UAE Resident- Family book)
- Valid English Proficiency Score sheet (EmSAT/IELTS/TOEFL etc.) or evidence of undergraduate medium of instruction
- Passport-size Photographs x 5
- Curriculum vitae
- 2 Recommendation letters
- Statement of Purpose
- Relevant academic or professional experience certificates if any