Gulf Medical University admits students irrespective of their nationality, gender, or religion, to all the activities and programs offered by the university.
The University stands for the highest moral, ethical and academic standards consistent with the heritage and cultural background of the United Arab Emirates and aspires for national and international recognition of its programs and degrees.
The University sets high standards for previous academic performance to attract students of high caliber to meet and exceed the standards of high retention and low attrition and outstanding academic performance required to fulfill the accreditation standards for every program offered by the University.
General Admission Requirements
- Applicants shall meet all admission criteria for entry into the higher education programs offered by the University, as laid down in the Standards (2019) for Licensure and Accreditation published by the Commission for Academic Accreditation (CAA), Ministry of Education – Higher Education Affairs.
- The Applicant must have completed a minimum of 12 years of education in school and passed subjects in Physics, Chemistry and Biology in the Higher Secondary Examination.
- All UAE Nationals who are graduates of the National Service Program shall be treated equal to the High School graduates in the year in which they have graduated the National Service Program.
- The applicant must have proficiency in spoken and written English. The applicant must have passed any one of the following English Language Proficiency Tests with a minimum score as applicable Emirates Standardized Language Test (EmSAT) 1100, TOEFL 500 (173 CBT, 61 iBT), IELTS Academic 5.0, or equivalent in any other standardized internationally recognized test approved by the Commission for Academic Accreditation (CAA), Ministry of Education – Higher Education Affairs, UAE.
- All conditional basis admissions are required to fulfill all admission requirements including English proficiency and Equivalency certification. Failing which, the admission shall be on hold or not progressed further from first semester.
- The applicant will be required to appear for an admission test and Multiple Mini Interview (MMI) test followed by a personal interview before the GMU Admission Committee.
- The Admissions Committee evaluates all applicants for both cognitive and non-cognitive traits demonstrating their aptitude for the chosen area of study.
- High School Transcript of Grades 10, 11 & 12 Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Mathematics & English.
- Equivalency Certificate from the Ministry of Education, UAE for all non-UAE curriculum
- Passport copy and Emirates ID Card (if UAE Resident)
- Valid English Proficiency Score sheet (EmSAT/IELTS/TOEFL)
- Passport-size Photographs x 10
- The UAE Nationals shall submit a copy of UAE nationality ID (Khulasat Al-Kayd) and family book with identification number
- Good Conduct Certificate
- Medical Fitness Certificate
Admission Requirements for specific programs