Joint Master of Public Health Program has a long history of implementing policies that has resulted in substantial improvement of the health of people worldwide. Vaccination programmes, family planning or screening for diseases are just a few examples of how public health had a global positive impact.
Joint Masters in Public Health (MPH)
- To provide knowledge, skills and aspects of competence to those who wish to pursue a career in Public Health and to those who are already working in this area to further improve their career opportunities
- To produce quality graduates with the aim to have them job ready from the first day
- Providing an opportunity to working professionals to work and study at the same time by offering a blended learning programme
- Providing opportunities to gain advanced and up-to-date knowledge and skills that will equip the graduates not only for managerial and leadership positions in the field of Public Health, but also for pursuing academic careers in higher education and research institutions
International post graduate programme of Public Health is accredited by CAA, Ministry of Health, UAE with an already well-established alumni placed all around the world. A blended learning programme which is perfectly suited for working professionals. Master of Public Health programme is being offered in collaboration with Medical College of Wisconsin, United States and University of Arizona, United States.
- Blended Learning
- Flexible study schedule
- Designed for working professionals
- Internationally recognized and accredited degree
- Applicants shall meet all admission criteria for entry into the higher education programs offered by the University, as laid down in the Standards (2011) published by the Commission for Academic Accreditation (CAA), Ministry of Education – Higher Education Affairs, UAE.
- The applicant shall be a Graduate of Science / Health or Biological Sciences in an accredited school in the UAE or a IMED-listed medical school outside the UAE with a cumulative grade point average of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale or its established equivalent.
- The Applicant must have proficiency in spoken and written English. The applicant must have passed the English language proficiency test such as TOEFL, IELTS or PTE Academic. A minimum score of Emsat (1400-1525), 550 TOEFL (213 CBT, 79 iBT), 6.0 IELTS Academic, PTE A (50-57), Cambridge (176-184) or any other standardized internationally recognized test approved by the Commission for Academic Accreditation (CAA), Ministry of Education – Higher Education Affairs, UAE with the following exceptions:
- Native speaker of English who has completed his / her undergraduate education in an English-medium institution and in a country where English is the official language.
- Applicant with an undergraduate qualification from an English-medium institution who can provide evidence of acquiring a minimum TOEFL score of 500 on the Paper-Based test, or its equivalent on another standardized test approved by the Commission for Academic Accreditation (CAA), Ministry of Education – Higher Education Affairs, UAE at the time of admission to his / her undergraduate program.
- Attested copy of the baccalaureate degree and official transcripts of credit/s earned from all institutions of higher education previously attended
- Equivalency Certificate of the baccalaureate degree from the Ministry of Education, UAE
- Passport copy and Emirates ID Card (For UAE Nationals Family Book and Ethbara)
- Valid English Proficiency Scoresheet (EmSAT/IELTS/TOEFL etc.)
- Passport-size Photographs x 10
- Good Conduct Certificate
- Recommendation letter ( 2)
Public health specialists can pursue wide-ranging careers as;
- Disaster management specialist
- Environmental inspector
- Health informatics specialist
- Health care administrator
- Epidemiologist/research analyst
- Public health project manager
- Health and safety engineer
- Policy advisor
- Public health educator
- Opportunities are also available in International organizations like World Health Organization (WHO), UNICEF, UNDP, UNFPA
Gulf Medical University (GMU), Ajman, signed a key MoU with the Medical College of Wisconsin – Milwaukee, USA, in November 2017. The agreement was signed by the Chancellor Prof. Hossam Hamdy representing GMU. The agreement seeks to facilitate exchanges of students, faculty and research scholars as well as joint academic and research programs, between the two institutions, to achieve international recognition.