Admission Criteria for University of Arizona (UA) applicants
- The applicant shall be a Graduate of Science / Health or Biological Sciences in an accredited school in the UAE or an IMED-listed medical school outside the UAE with a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale or its established equivalent.
- The Applicant must have proficiency in spoken and written English. The applicant can fulfil the English proficiency requirement via the TOEFL, IELTS, or UA CESL Endorsement Exam, minimum requirements are listed below. TOEFL and IELTS test scores must be dated within two years of the year of enrolment.
- TOEFL: Score of 90 on the iBT (web-based) test or higher.
- IELTS: Overall score of 7 is required, with a score of no less than 6 on any individual band or module.
- The University of Arizona CESL Endorsement Exam: score of B2 (i.e. very independent) level of proficiency for graduate-level study at UA is required, according to the CEFR Global Scale (Common European Framework of Reference).
For Conditional admission for University of Arizona
- A student with a recognized baccalaureate degree with a cumulative grade point average ranging between 2.5 to 2.9 on a 4.0 scale, or its established equivalent, and who meets the English language competency requirements for general admission may be admitted conditionally to a Master’s program.
Such a student must meet the following requirements during the period of conditional admission or be subject to dismissal:
- may take a maximum of nine credit hours in the first semester of study;
- must achieve an overall grade point average of 3.00 on a 4.0 scale, or its established equivalent, in the first nine credit hours of credit-bearing courses studied for the Master’s program