- The MBBS program offered by the College of Medicine, GMU is a competency-based, integrated curriculum organized around organ-systems.
- The program spans a total of 5 years followed by internship of one-year duration leading to the MBBS degree.
- The MBBS program received Initial Accreditation in June 2004 by the Commission for Academic Accreditation (CAA), Ministry of Education, Higher Education Affairs, UAE.
- The curriculum comprises of an appropriate sequence and mix of courses, providing for continued growth in clinical medicine and increasing expectation of knowledge, skill and clinical exposure.
- The educational objectives of the MBBS program are expressed as competencies, which the graduate should have acquired by the end of the program and is benchmarked with internationally known competency frameworks, such as the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME) competencies.
- The competencies are adopted and adapted with sensitivity to the cultural context of medical practice in UAE and the Gulf region and are thus aligned to the UAE National Qualifications Framework at Level 7 (Bachelors).
- The MBBS degree awarded by GMU is recognized by the Ministry of Health, UAE and all graduates are eligible to take the licensing exam in the country to be evaluated for independent practice.
Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS)
The Vision of College of Medicine, GMU is to pursue excellence in health education, biomedical research and patient care. The College of Medicine aspires to:
- Attract the best of students and provide a unique learning experience incorporating the best practices in health education;
- Produce competent clinicians who will make a significant contribution to the health of the community through pursuit of academia, research and healthcare;
- Be known for excellence in medical education and research, and integrate the advances in research in the delivery of patient care.
- Be an integral part of the community with enhanced community engagement and provide quality education in health and biomedical sciences in collaboration with the country’s healthcare planners.
The Mission of College of Medicine, GMU is to:
- Commit to prepare highly competent doctors to meet the evolving healthcare needs of the nation and the region;
- Strive to produce doctors who will be able to pursue postgraduate training in any of the various specialties, contribute to research and adopt an evidence-based approach to patient-care;
- Promote health services incorporating the latest advances in scientific knowledge in a manner that supports education and research for the benefit of the community.