Lecturer, BHS AST
Ms. Vimala Varatharajan
Ms. Vimala Varatharajan is serving College of Health Sciences, Gulf Medical University since October 2017. She has more than 10 years of teaching and clinical experience in medical, surgical and operation theater nursing. She has served as an examiner for under graduate and post graduate examinati0ons under various universities in India and also guided undergraduate students projects. She is a member of Asian Cardiac Nurses Association. She had been awarded “Seethalakshmi Gold Medal” in 2010 for the obstetric & gynecological nursing for securing the first mark at the university level.
Areas of interest
- Cardiac invasive procedures
- Cardiac intensive care
- Nursing education
- Evidence-based nursing
- BSc Nursing from The Tamilnadu Dr.MGR Medical University, India in 2006.
- MSc Nursing from The Tamilnadu Dr.MGR Medical University, India in 2010.
- Vimala V. The effect of isometric exercises on pain perception, functional mobility, and anxiety of old age people with Osteoarthritis. Nightingale Nursing Times. 2013; 9(5):31-34.
- Hemasakthi M, Jeevitha R, Vimala V. To assess the level of knowledge among cardiac patients undergoing the cardiac catheterization. Nightingale Nursing Times. 2015; 3(11):16-18.