Lecturer, Child Health Nursing
Ms. Remya Radhakrishnan Pillai
Ms. Remya R. Pillai has over 10 years of teaching experience in UAE. She holds an active MOHAP-RN License and membership of Society of Pediatric Nurses. She is involved in clinical supervision and training of students in Thumbay Group of Hospitals as well as Ministry of Health Hospitals and centers. She has served as a Semester Coordinator and mentor for various batches of students. She is also involved in organizing and facilitating various Continuing Nursing education programs and educational workshops in GMU and outside.
Areas of Interest:
- School children with behavioral problems
- Non-pharmacological methods of pain management in children
- Enhancing Teaching-Learning strategies of nursing students
- E-portfolio and clinical competency assessment
- BSc Nursing from NTR University of Health Sciences, India in 2008
- MSc Nursing in Pediatrics from Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Bangalore India in 2012
- Pursuing Ph.D. in Pediatric Nursing from Annamalai University, India since 2016
- Varghese SM, Joseph VM, Binoy S, Pillai R. Perception of Nursing students on Clinical Learning Environment. Journal of Pharmaceutical Negative Results. 2022 Nov 25:2892-7. [link]
- Remya P, Sara B. Conquering Bedwetting: Non-Pharmacologic Methods for Managing Nocturnal Enuresis. Creative Nursing. 2020, Jan; 26(1): 23-7.
- Remya P, Sara B. Exploring Factors Contributing to Monosymptomatic Nocturnal Enuresis in School Children. IOSR-JNHS. 2019, July; 8(4): 53-7.
- Remya P, Sara B. Parental attitudes and perceptions regarding primary nocturnal enuresis in children. IJCR. 2019, Aug; 11(8): 6473-5.