PeriOpertaive Nursing is a needed Specialization in the current growing Surgical Health care. It requires optimizing the art of developing, protecting, and cultivating capacities. The focus has to be capacity building at the Governance level, Organizational, and Individual levels. An Online webinar was organized by THE COMPASS Health Consultancy, UAE in collaboration with the Association of PeriOperating Room Registered Nurses (AORN) on 15th March 2023, Wednesday from 07.00 pm to 08.30 pm. The sessions were taken by renowned Nursing Leaders, Educators, and Administrators from UAE, KSA & USA. Prof. Selva Titus Chacko, Dean, the College of Nursing was one of the speakers of the Webinar.
The Objectives of the Webinar were:
- Learn about the global efforts to build capacities and strengthen the surgical care
- Understand the challenges of building capacities in surgical care
- Highlight the standardized education pathway to build capacities in the perioperative practice
- Learn about experiences in building capacities for surgical care from UAE & KSA
- Discuss the training and certification initiatives for PeriOperative nurses in the Middle East and Africa (MEA) region
There were more than 200 participants who had attended the Webinar from all around the globe and benefited from the Initiative. The participants were Chief Nursing Officers, Academicians, Training & development officers, Surgical teams & Health professionals involved in Capacity Building, The webinar ended with a fruitful Q & A session.