The Bachelor of Science in Nursing for Registered Nurses (RN-BSN) Program is designed with an aim to keep pace with the changing demands of the global healthcare services and to align with international standards of nursing education, thereby provide the Registered Nurses with diploma, an opportunity to acquire a broad liberal university education with particular emphasis on competencies. It will enhance their professional development and prepare them for a broader scope of practice. It will provide avenue to the graduates to undergo higher education in nursing.
- The Ministry is emphasizing on a Bachelor degree as a minimal qualification for nurses to practice in UAE.
- The proposed bridge program in Nursing is a 60 credit program for registered nurses who have passed Diploma in Nursing and also have a minimum of two years of clinical experience.
- The curriculum will bridge the gap between already acquired knowledge and skills in core nursing courses with the latest trends and advances in healthcare practice to improve the competencies essential for practising as a professional nurse.
- Derived from UAE Nursing Profession requirement
- Competency-based curriculum
- 04 semesters-60 credits
- Program for working professionals – learn while working
- Utilizing multiple learner-centred strategies
- Research component built all through the courses
- Includes Extended Clinical Practicum with concentrations
- Giving opportunity for participants to choose concentration in specialties as Critical Care Unit, Emergency department, Operation Room, Acute care settings in Medical, Surgical, Pediatric or Obstetrics departments