Assistant Professor of Anatomy
Since she was in primary school, she was passionate about teaching, she used to use the blackboard in the breaks between classes to explain things to her colleagues. when she joined the college of medicine, she suffered a lot from unclear explanations from some professors. So, after graduating from the college of medicine and as a tutor for Anatomy she made an oath to herself that she will not allow her students to suffer because of the lack of understanding, and because of that she is after details during her classes and she is interested in medical education related research.
During her years in the college of medicine, she got more sensitive about patient’s sufferings that made her dream about finding a way to demolish that suffering and because of that, she is interested in stem cells related research.
Dr. Miral Received her MBBS in 1996 and Ph.D. in Anatomy from Ain Shams University in Egypt in 2006. She joined Gulf Medical University as an assistant professor in the Department of Biomedical Science in 2013. Prior to coming to GMU, she was a lecturer at the University of Kalamoon, Syria (2011 -2013) and Ain Shams University, Egypt (2006 -2011).
- Ph.D. in Anatomy & Embryology from College of Medicine, Ain Shams University, Egypt in 2006
- Master in Anatomy and embryology from College of Medicine, Ain Shams University, Egypt in 2001
- MBBS from College of Medicine, Ain Shams University, Egypt in 1996
- Member, Association for the Study of Medical Education (ASME)
- Member, American Association of Anatomists (AAA)
Areas of interest
- The role of stem cell& Platelet-rich plasma in the cure of different diseases like Alzheimer’s disease and arthritis.
- Medical education