Assistant Professor of Medicinal Chemistry
Dr. Eman Moussa El-labbad
- B.Sc. in Pharmaceutical Sciences, Faculty of Pharmacy, Ain Shams University, Cairo, Egypt, 2005.
- M.Sc. in Pharmaceutical Sciences (Pharmaceutical Chemistry), Faculty of Pharmacy, Ain Shams University, Cairo, Egypt, 2011.
- PhD in Pharmaceutical Sciences (Pharmaceutical Chemistry), Joint supervision program between Faculty of Pharmacy, Ain Shams University, Cairo, Egypt and Chemistry Department at Georgia state University, Atlanta, Georgia, USA in 2017.
- Computational drug design and synthesis of novel organic compounds/natural products hybrids having potential pharmaceutical application with focus on antiviral and anticancer agents.
- Design, synthesis and evaluation of prodrugs, gasotransmitters and small diagnostic agents.
- Bioinformatics analysis of some infectious agents
- Abuhijjleh, R.K., Shabbir, S., Al-Abd, A.M., Jiaan, N., Alshamil, S., El-labbad, E.M., & Khalifa, S. (2021). Bioactive marine metabolites derived from the Persian Gulf compared to the Red Sea: similar environments and wide gap in drug discovery. Peerj, 9, e11778. doi: 10.7717/peerj.11778. [link]
- El-labbad E. M., Ismail M. A. H., Abou El Ella D. A., Ahmed M., Wang F., Barakat K. H. and Abouzid, K. A. M. (2015). Discovery of Novel Peptidomimetics as Irreversible CHIKV NsP2 Protease Inhibitors Using Quantum Mechanical-Based Ligand Descriptors. Chemical Biology and Drug Design, 86, 1518–1527. [Link]
- Ji X., El-labbad E. M., Ji K., Lasheen D. S., Serya R. A. T., Abouzid K. A., and Wang B. (2017). Click and Release: SO2 Prodrugs with Tunable Release Rates. Organic Letters, 19 (4), 818–821. [link]