Associate Professor of Management,
Digital Health & Health Analytics
Dr. Vinaytosh Mishra
Associate Professor of Management,
Dr. Vinaytosh Mishra is Associate Professor for Healthcare Management (Management, Digital Health, and Heath Analytics) at the College of Healthcare Management and Economics, Gulf Medical University, Ajman (UAE). He has more than 16 years of experience in industries like Healthcare, EdTech, Finance, and Information Technology. He was instrumental in making a diabetes specialty clinic into a fifty-bed multi-specialty clinic during his tenure at Aaroha Healthcare (P) Ltd. In his last Assignment as Associate Professor at FORE School of Management, New Delhi he was program director for two successful long-duration programs namely “Building Intelligent Healthcare Analytics” and “PGPM in Healthcare Management and Analytics”. He is also a certified Diabetes Educator and Green Belt in Lean Six Sigma.
Dr. Mishra is a proponent of system thinking and is certified by the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, USA in System Thinking. He is also holding advanced certification in System Dynamics Modeling from ATC-INNOVA, Spain. He is also a certified supply chain management expert and has a special interest in healthcare supply chains.
He has also successfully filled out an Australian patent for a device for the early detection of diabetes using nail fold capillaroscopy and a German patent Diabetes Education and Lifestyle Management product named Banting. He is a domain expert for AI implementation in healthcare for a U.K.-based firm Bikal. In addition to this, Dr. Mishra is an advisory board and adjunct positions with leading institutes in India such as Datta Meghe Institute of Higher Education & Research, Nagpur, and Panacea Institute of Interdisciplinary. Research and Education, Varanasi
Dr. Vinaytosh Mishra has published in journals of international repute (ABDC/Scopus/SSCI) and served as a reviewer for various international journals. Dr. Mishra is also part of the editorial board of leading journals such as Hospital Topics, and Frontiers in Digital Health.
He features regularly on 100.3 FM Talk Business and Sport Show as a Business Strategy and Technology Expert and is an invited columnist for Asia Development Bank Asia Pathway, Times of India, The Brew News, UAE.
Dr. Mishra has a special interest in building an entrepreneurship ecosystem and acting as a business mentor for leading incubators in India and UAE as Healthcare, Marketing, Service Operations, and Supply Chain management expert.
- PhD. from Indian Institute of Technology (BHU) (Institute of National Importance in India) Varanasi, India on “Strategic Planning and Management of Diabetes Care-A Case of Varanasi City” awarded in the year 2018.
- Post Graduate Diploma in Statistics and Computing from Institute of Science, Banaras Hindu University (Institute of Eminence in India) Varanasi, India
- Master of Business Administration (Marketing and Operations) from the Institute of Management, Nirma University, Ahmedabad, India in the year 2009.
- Bachelor of Technology (Electronics Engineering) from Indian Institute of Technology (BHU) (Institute of National Importance in India) Varanasi in the year 2002.
- Green Belt Certification in Lean Six Sigma, KPMG,2016
- Advanced Certificate in System Dynamics using Vensim, ATC-INNOVA, Spain,2017
- Certified Diabetes Educator, International Diabetes Federation, 2015
- Certified on Diabetes and Ramadan, International Diabetes Federation, 2023
- System Dynamics Society, USA
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE), USA
- Project Title: Role of Telemedicine in Primary Care of Patients with a chronic condition
Sponsoring Agency: FORE School of Management, New Delhi, INDIA
Status: Completed ( year 2019)
- Project Title: System Dynamics Modeling for Prevalence of Diabetes in UAE
Sponsoring Agency: Gulf Medical University, Ajman, UAE
Budget: 27400 AED
Status: Started January 2023 (In Progress)
- Project Title: Evidence for Effectiveness of Parsimonious Use of RYBELSUS® in T2DM.
Sponsored Agency: Panacea Institute of Interdisciplinary Research and Education, Varanasi, India
Budget: 300,000 INR
Status: Started November 2022 (In Progress)
Patent and Copyright
- Australian Patent: Inexpensive Nail Capillary Morphography for Early Detection of Diabetes
- German Patent: Banting – AI-based digital therapeutics (DTx) for Diabetes Education and lifestyle modification (Filed).
- Copyright Holder: Ramadan Quality of Life Instrument (RDQoL)
Healthcare Management, Operations and Supply Chain Management, Healthcare Analytics, Health Technology Assessment, and Digital Health
Chronic Disease Care, Healthcare Supply Chain Management, Health Economics, Medical Tourism, Health Technology Assessment, Social Determinants of Health, and Digital Health
- Factors Affecting Health Insurance Adoption in India and Implications.
- Role of Large Language Models such as ChatGPT and Bard in Healthcare.
- Hospitality Bridging Healthcare Project.
- Ethical Use of AI in Healthcare Project.
- System Dynamics Modeling for public health planning.
- Deep Learning for early detection of diabetes using nail fold capillaroscopy.
- Ramadan and Health-Related Quality of Life Instrument Project
- Thakuriya., Kaur, S. & Mishra, V. (2023). Assessment of Blockchain Technology as Remedy to Counterfeit Drugs Problem in Pharmaceutical Supply Chain and Implementation Approach. Operations Research Forum (Online)
- Naik, M. K. P., Bhardwaj, P., & Mishra, V. (2023). Modeling of barrier in the adoption of omnichannel marketing: a case of Indian handloom industry. Research Journal of Textile and Apparel. (online)
- Gupta, O. J., Yadav, S., Srivastava, M. K., Darda, P., & Mishra, V. (2023). Understanding the intention to use metaverse in healthcare utilizing a mixed method approach. International Journal of Healthcare Management, 1-12. (online)
- Mishra, V., Singh, J., Kulkarni, S., & Yadav, S. (2023). Analysis of profit efficiency of corporate hospitals in India during COVID-19–An DEA-MPI based approach. International Journal of Healthcare Management, 1-9.
- Mishra, M. P., & Mishra, V. (2023). Organization Branding in the Post-COVID-19 World–An Employer and Employee Perspective. Indian Journal of Marketing, 53(1), 56-65.
- Mishra, V. (2022). Analysis of systemic and behavioral barriers to COVID-19 vaccination in the rollout phase. International Journal of Healthcare Management, 1-10 (Online).
- Mishra, V., & Rana, S. (2022). Understanding barriers to inbound medical tourism in the United Arab Emirates from a provider’s perspective. Worldwide Hospitality and Tourism Themes, (ahead-of-print).
- Mishra, V., & Singh, J. (2022). Health Technology Assessment of Telemedicine Interventions in Diabetes Management: Evidence from UAE. FIIB Business Review, 23197145221130651. (Scopus Q2)
- Mishra, V., Nguyen, L., Wickramasinghe, N., & Islam, S. M. S. (2022). What is holding back glucometer use? -A comparative study of rural and urban India. Diabetes & Metabolic Syndrome: Clinical Research & Reviews, 102677.
- Mishra, V., & Sharma, M. G. (2022). Digital Transformation Evaluation of Telehealth using Convergence, Maturity, and Adoption. Health Policy and Technology, 100684.
- Mishra, V. (2022). Planning and Selection of Facility Layout in Healthcare Services. Hospital Topics, DOI: 10.1080/00185868.2022.2088433
- Islam, S. M. S., Mishra, V., Siddiqui, M. U., Moses, J. C., Adibi, S., Nguyen, L., & Wickramasinghe, N. (2022). Smartphone Apps for Diabetes Medication Adherence: Systematic Review. JMIR diabetes, 7(2), e33264.
- Mishra, V. (2022). Applications of blockchain for vaccine passport and challenges. Journal of Global Operations and Strategic Sourcing. https://doi.org/10.1108/JGOSS-07-2021-0054
- Dua, S., Sharma, M. G., Mishra, V., & Kulkarni, S. D. (2022). Modeling perceived risk in a blockchain-enabled supply chain utilizing fuzzy-AHP. Journal of Global Operations and Strategic Sourcing, (ahead-of-print).
- Singh, P., Bhardwaj, P., Sharma, S. K., & Mishra, V. (2022). Effect of Organizational Factors on Psychological Stress and Job Satisfaction. Vision, 09722629221106265.
- Mishra, V., & Sharma, M. G. (2021). Framework for Promotion of Medical Tourism: A Case of India. International Journal of Global Business and Competitiveness, https://doi.org/10.1007/s42943-021-00027-7
- Mishra, V., & Sharma, M. G. (2021). Telemedicine as a frugal intervention to health care: A case of diabetes management. International Journal of Healthcare Management, https://doi.org/10.1080/20479700.2020.1870348
- Mishra, V., & Sharma, M. G. (2020). Understanding humanitarian supply chain through causal modeling. South Asian Journal of Business and Management Cases, 9(3), 317-329.
- V., (2020). Factor Affecting the adoption of telemedicine during COVID-19, Indian Journal of Public Health, 64(6),234-236.
- Mishra, V., (2020). Phased Approach for Adaptation of Telemedicine in Diabetes Management, Health Policy, and Technology, 9 (1), 7-12
- Mishra, V., (2020). Customized Quality Assessment Framework for Diabetes Care. International Journal for Quality Research,14(1), 129–146
- Mishra, V., Samuel, C., & Sharma, S. K. (2018). System Modeling for Forecasting of Diabetes Prevalence. Indian Journal of Public Health Research & Development, 9(7), 139-144.
- Mishra, V., Samuel, C., & Sharma, S. K. (2019). Lean, agile, and leagile healthcare management–A case of chronic care. International Journal of Healthcare Management, 12(4), 314-321.
- Mishra, V., Samuel, C., & Sharma, S. K. (2019). The decision of decentralization in a healthcare service–a case of diabetes management. International Journal of Healthcare Management, 12(4), 308-313.
- Mishra, V., Samuel, C., & Sharma, S. K. (2019). Patient’s Utility for Various Attributes of Diabetes Care Services. IIM Kozhikode Society & Management Review, 8(1), 1-9.
- Mishra, V., Samuel, C., & Sharma, S. K. (2018). Supply chain partnership assessment of a diabetes clinic. International Journal of Health Care Quality Assurance, 31(6), 646-658.
- Mishra, V. (2018). Measuring Technical Efficiency in Healthcare. Pacific Business Review International 11 (6), 36-44
- Mishra, V. (2019). Fuzzy Model for Risks Assessment in a Healthcare Supply Chain. Pacific Business Review International ,11(9),50-61
- Ahmed, F., & Mishra, V. (2020). Estimating relative immediacy of water-related challenges in Small Island Developing States (SIDS) of the Pacific Ocean using AHP modeling. Modeling Earth Systems and Environment, 6(1), 201-214.
- Sharma, M. & Mishra, V. (2019). System Dynamics Modelling for Reverse Logistics Supply Firm. Pacific Business Review International ,12(6),72-80
- , & Mishra, V. (2020). India’s Ocean Diplomacy in the Small Island Developing States (SIDS)of the Indo-Pacific: Modelling the Enablers using Fuzzy AHP, Pacific Business Review International,12(7),60-73.
- Mishra, V., Samuel, C., & Sharma, S. K. (2016, December). Visualization of the perceived expensiveness of the Diabetes-Fuzzy MDS Approach. In 2016 IEEE Uttar Pradesh Section International Conference on Electrical, Computer and Electronics Engineering (UPCON) (pp. 67-71). IEEE.
- Mishra, V., Rautela, A., Manjunatha, B., Samuel, C., Sharma, S. K., & Mishra, A. (2016). Use of visual analytics and durometer in risk reduction of foot problems in diabetes. In CAD/CAM, Robotics, and Factories of the Future (pp. 491-498). Springer, New Delhi.
- Mishra, V., Som, T., Samuel, C., & Sharma, S. K. (2018, January). Fuzzy Goal Programming Approach for Resource Allocation in an NGO Operation. In International Conference on Mathematics and Computing (pp. 373-385). Springer, Singapore.
- Vinaytosh Mishra & Monu Pandey Mishra. (2023). Advancing Methodologies of Conducting Literature Review in Management Domain, Review of Management Literature (RoML – ISSN 2754-5865).
- Vinaytosh Mishra, Introduction to R (2023), Business Analytics in Practice, Business Research Methods Guide, Sage Publication.
- Vinaytosh Mishra, Somayya Madakam (2022) Smart Healthcare and IoT Technologies- Academic and Service Provider Review in Book: Internet of Things and Data Mining for Modern Engineering and Healthcare Applications (Taylor & Francis Group)