Marketing and Strategy
Dr. Sudhir Rana
Dr. Sudhir Rana believes in driving and motivating academics and research such a way that, it can be best utilized in an enthusiastic and dynamic environment to foster versatile personalities. Dr. Sudhir Rana is a faculty of marketing and strategy at the College of Healthcare Management & Economics at Gulf Medical University, UAE. He holds Ph.D. degree with the Ministry of Human Resource Development Scholarship from Government of India and Post – Doctorate from Putra Business School (AACSB Accredited), Universiti of Putra, Malaysia. He has set in high standards in academics and research. Dr. Rana has been associated with Fortune Institute of International Business, India and Maastricht School of Management, Kuwait. He has delivered 150+ workshop sessions, keynote speeches and webinars. His research area is Consumer Behaviour and Emerging Markets. His research is published in the Journal of Business Research, International Journal of Emerging Markets, and Journal of Promotion Management among others. He is a well-known scholar and editor in the field. A few stories that he turnaround include the progression of the journal FIIB Business Review which is the most preferred journal from Sage Publishing and has launched as well as chaired Doctorate Program at Fortune Institute of International Business, India.
- Post – Doctorate, Putra Business Schools (AACSB Accredited), Universiti of Putra, Malaysia in 2020
- Ph.D. (MHRD Scholarship Government of India), National Institute of Technology, Hamirpur, India in 2016
- MBA from Kurukshetra University, India in 2009
- B.com from Kurukshetra University, India in 2007
Principles of Marketing, Consumer Behavior, Healthcare Marketing, Business Development Sales and Negotiation
Consumer Psychology, Business in Emerging Markets, Managing Field Sales in Healthcare, Online Education
- Consumer Response to Nostalgic Brands
- Digital Sources and International Marketing Strategies
- Business Education in India
- Pharmaceutical Marketing & Healthcare Management
- Senior Editor, International Journal of Emerging Markets (Emerald Publication): Scopus and SSCI.https://www.emeraldgrouppublishing.com/journal/ijoem
- Co-Editor-in-Chief, South Asian Journal of Marketing (Emerald Publication). https://www.emeraldgrouppublishing.com/journal/sajm
- Editor, FIIB Business Review (Sage Publishing): Scopus and ABS. https://in.sagepub.com/en-in/sas/fiib-business-review/journal203492
- Series Editor, Review of Management Literature (Emerald Publication). https://books.emeraldinsight.com/page/series-detail/review-of-management-literature/?K=e202106071340423327
- Series Editor, Advances in Emerging Markets and Business Operations (Routledge, Taylor and Francis). https://www.routledge.com/Advances-in-Emerging-Markets-and-Business-Operations/book-series/AEMBO?fbclid=IwAR25aLTrdJ_JCgwUD6QBu0OTX42_ncrP1JVRLoAj7GcACauRHL7QJas9e_Q
- 2021, Rana, S., Singh, A. K., Singhania, S., Verma, S., & Haque, M. M. (2021). Revisiting the Factors Influencing Teaching Choice Framework: Exploring What Fits with Virtual Teaching. Global Business Review, Vol. and issue no. ahead of print, (Scopus Q2 and ESCI)
- 2021, Khan, M. R., Rana, S., & Hosen, M. I. (2021). Impact of Trustworthiness on the Usage of M-banking Apps: A Study on Bangladeshi Consumers. Business Perspectives and Research, Vol. and issue no. ahead of print, (Scopus Q3)
- 2020, Krishna, B., Rana, S., Paul, J., & Salo, J. (2020). Relative exploration and firm performance: Why resource-based view alone is not sufficient? Journal of Business Research, Vol. 118, 363-377. (Elsevier, SSCI – 7.55, Scopus Q 1, and ABDC ‘A’ Classified Journal).
- 2020, Rana, S., Prashar, S., Barai, M., & Bakar, A. (2020). Determinants of International Marketing Strategy for Emerging Market Multinationals. International Journal of Emerging Markets, Vol. 16 No. 2, pp. 154-178 (Emerald, SSCI – 2.4, Scopus Citescore 2.2, Scopus Q 2, and ABDC ‘B’ Classified Journal).
- 2020, Rana, S., Raut, S., Prashar, S., & Bakar, A. (2020). Promoting through Consumer Nostalgia: A Conceptual Framework and Future Research Agenda. Journal of Promotion Management, Vol. 27 (2), pp. 211-249 (Taylor & Francis, Scopus Q 2, and ABDC ‘B’ Classified Journal).
- Rana, S., Raut, S., Prashar, S., & Quttainah, M. (2020). Transversal of Nostalgia from Psychology to Marketing: What Does It Portend for Future Research?. International Journal of Organizational Analysis, (Emerald, Scopus Citescore 2.1, Q 2, ABDC ‘B’ Classified Journal).
- 2020, Dhiman, R., Mehta, V., & Rana, S. (2020). Why Export Competitiveness Differs within Indian Textile Industry? Determinants and Empirical Evidence. Review of International Business and Strategy. Vol. 30 (3), pp. 375-397 (Emerald, Scopus Citescore 4.6, Scopus Q 2, and ABDC ‘C’ Classified Journal).
- Rana, S., Anand, A., Prashar, S., & Haque, M. M. (2020). A perspective on the positioning of Indian business schools post COVID-19 pandemic. International Journal of Emerging Markets. (Emerald, SSCI – 2.4, Scopus Citescore 3, Q 2, and ABDC ‘B’).
- 2019, Nambiar, B. K., Ramanathan, H. N., Rana, S., & Prashar, S. Perceived Service Quality and Customer Satisfaction: A Missing Link in Indian Banking Sector” Vision, The Journal of Business Perspective. Vol. 23 (1), pp. 44 – 55. (Sage Publishing, Scopus, ABDC ‘C’)
- 2018, Rana, S., Saikia, P. P., & Barai, M. K. Globalization and Indian Manufacturing Enterprises” FIIB Business Review, Vol. 7 (3) (Sage Publications, Scopus, ABS)
- 2017, Rana, S. International Marketing Education in India: An Assessment and Looking Forward”. Journal of International Business Education, Vol. 12, Special Issue (2017), 3 – 6. (ABS 2)
- 2017, Gupta, N., Rana, S., & Anand, A. Impact of Liberalization on Insurance Sector in India. Journal of Services Research, Vol. 16, No. 2, 80 – 113. (ABDC C)
- 2017, Gupta, N., & Rana, S. Perception Towards Permission Based E-mails in Banks. Jindal Journal of Business Research, Vol. 6, No. 1 (2017): 86 – 95. (Sage Publications)
- 2017, Rana, S., Salwan, P., & Anand, S. IMRPs and Advancing International Marketing Education. Journal of International Business Education, Volume. 12, 2017. Vol. 12, 267 – 290. (ABS 2)
- 2016, Rana, S., & Sharma, S. A Review on the State of Methodological Trends in International Marketing Literature” Journal for Global Business Advancement, Vol. 9, No. 1 (2016): 90 – 107. (Inderscience Publications, Scopus)
- 2015, Rana, S., & Sharma, S. Literature Review classification and simple meta-analysis on conceptual domain of International marketing: 1990-2012” Advances in International Marketing, Vol. 25 (2015): 189 – 222. (Emerald, Scopus, ABDC C)
Conferences Presentations: 30+ Presentations in International Conferences.
Research Grants, Awards and Honors
- Admirable young Editor by Sage Publishing to get Scopus indexing of FIIB Business Review, December 2020.
- 52 position in the top 75 influential marketing professors sharing cutting edge marketing insights on Linkedin by author from Nanyang Business School (NTU) and Vice-Chair of American Marketing Association’s CBSIG – https://www.linkedin.com/posts/mansurkhamitov_75-influential-marketing-professors-to-follow-activity-6713811383517089792-ZWCf/?fbclid=IwAR2fIWQIkOsfPbf3KYTpk7Jp5g2lcIGuSa5lqfTdKKkD9jlyovBO6rhMTqA
- Admirable Editor Award from Sage Publications on 18 December 2019.
- Faculty of the Year (Best Faculty) Award at Fortune Institute of International Business on 23rd Connovation held on 27 April 2019.
- Seed Fund for Research Project on Consumer Response to Nostalgic Brands from Fortune Institute of International Business, Grant was approved in February 2019.
- Grant from OBIC Budapest Business School, Hungary for Chairing Panel and Conference Participation (fully funded), 9 – 13 May, 2018.
- Research Grant (Scholarship) from Ministry of Human Resource Development (M.H.R.D.) for Doctoral Programme, From June 2010 to June 2014.
- Admirable Author Award, International Workshop on Exploring Science of Transportation Systems, at National Institute of Technology (N.I.T.) Hamirpur, April – 2013.
- First Prize, GHS-IMR Doctoral Research Paper Competition in Tenth AIMS International Conference at Indian Institute of Management (IIM) Bangalore, January – 2013.
- Dr. Rana has delivered more than 50 workshop sessions across the globe on the topics:
- Understanding the Publishing Process, Conceptual and Literature Review Papers, Publishing in Quality Journals: Do’s and Don’ts, Winning the Heart and Mind of Editors