- Strategic objective: To produce specialized business professionals with a deep understanding of the health industry, its language and unique culture.
- Our graduates are expected to demonstrate:
- Ability to apply recent business knowledge, concepts and techniques to healthcare problems and issues.
- In-depth knowledge of the health industry, the various business functions including management, marketing, finance, accounting and management information system as well as essential medical science.
- Critical business skills including decision making, problem-solving, leadership, innovation and team building.
- In-depth understanding of the health industry unique culture and its language.
Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management and Economics (BSc.HME)
“Both programs look very well designed, comprehensive in terms of contents, well refined in the teaching methodology, innovative in the mix between class activities and learning by doing activities. Further, it is of extreme interest that fact that both programs develop within a College of Health Economics, Policy & Healthcare Management that is strongly interconnected with a medical school.”
Prof. Federico Lega, Chair of the Scientific Committee
European Health Management Association
“I am happy to support your programme ………. I have no doubt that your intended four years Bachelor’s programme in Health Economics, Policy and Health Care Management and your subsequent Master’s degree will provide an important learning opportunity for students and generate a cohort of graduates, who will be very much sought after by employers. Health workers with skills in behavioural economics are in short supply in all the health jurisdictions………“
Professor Des Gorman, Executive Chairman of Health Workforce New Zealand
Prof. of Medicine & Former Head of the School of Medicine at the University of Auckland
- The applicant must have completed a minimum of 12 years of school education.
- All applicants must complete 17 years of age on or before the 31st December in the year of admission.
- The applicant must have proficiency in spoken and written English. The applicant must have passed any one of the following English Language Proficiency Tests with a minimum score as applicable, of 1100 EmSAT Achieve (UAE Standardized test in English Language)/ 500 TOEFL (CBT 173 iBT 61)/ IELTS Academic 5.0/ PTE A (36-44)/ Cambridge ESOL (41)/ or equivalent in any other standardized internationally recognized test approved by the Commission for Academic Accreditation (CAA), Ministry of Education – Higher Education Affairs, UAE.
- The applicants from UAE education system offering General Track/Stream or Abu Dhabi Education Council (Literary /Scientific) criteria must have secured an overall average of 65% or above marks as per UAE Secondary School Education Standards in the 12th Grade.
- Applicants from non-UAE educational systems must have secured a minimum aggregate score equivalent to UAE 65% or above as listed below:
|Country||Education System||Minimum Grade requirements as per UAE Grade Equivalence for BSc.HME|
|UAE||UAE||The student should secure an overall minimum score of 65% and above in the 12th Grade.
(Advanced/ General Track /Stream or Abu Dhabi Education Council criteria, Literary or Scientific)
The student holding Technical High School certificate or its equivalent should secure an overall minimum score of 70% and above in high school
|India||Indian State Board||The student should secure an overall minimum score of 50% and above in the 12th Grade
Science / Commerce stream
|Indian Central Board/ICSE||The student should secure an overall minimum score of 45% and above in the 12th Grade.
Science / Commerce stream
|The student should secure an overall minimum score of 45% and above in the 12th Grade.
Science / Commerce stream
|UK||IGCSE/GCSE||The student should pass in all 7 subjects in O Level with a minimum of:
· Cs in all ‘O’ level subjects and ‘D’ for subjects in AS level and ‘E’ in A Level
|The student should secure an overall minimum 22 points.
·(Must have at least Biology and Mathematics completed)
|USA||American Diploma||The student should secure an overall minimum score of 65% and above in the 12th Grade.|
|Nigerian||WAEC||The student should secure an overall minimum score of 45% and above in the 12th Grade.|
- Applicants from any other non-UAE educational systems not listed above must have secured a minimum aggregate score equivalent to UAE 65% or above as per International Grade Conversion Table published by WES.
- All applicants shall be evaluated for cognitive and non-cognitive traits demonstrating their aptitude for the chosen area of study by the Admissions Committee which include a personal interview. Admission is finalized on a competitive basis.
- Attested High School Transcripts of Grades 10, 11, 12 (Attestation of Education documents by the MOE, UAE or UAE Embassy in Home Country when taking admission)
- Equivalency Certificate from the Ministry of Education, UAE
- Passport copy and Emirates ID Card (Family book & Ethbara if UAE national)
- Valid English Proficiency Score sheet (EmSAT/IELTS/TOEFL etc.)
- Passport-size Photographs x 10
- Good Conduct Certificate
- Letter of motivation
There are many rewarding career opportunities not only in the UAE but also on a regional and global scale for graduates of the BSc.HME as a result of the fast growing healthcare market in the UAE, GCC countries and worldwide coupled with the acute shortage of specialized healthcare business professionals in hospitals, health authorities, pharmaceutical companies, biomedical start-ups, government and nongovernment health organizations, medical research centers, health consulting firms, medical device companies, medical tourism as well as international health organizations.
Healthcare management specialists in various areas of business and government including:
- Policy and Strategy Analysts
- Medical Insurance Claim Analysts
- Marketing Designers
- Human Resources Officers
- Information System Developers
- Compliance and Financial Management Specialists
Furthermore, because of their extensive business program modelled on the top business programs in the US, graduates of the program could opt to pursue career opportunities in related or unrelated sectors of the economy such as:
- Oil and Gaze