Associate Professor & MPT Program Director
Dr. Ramprasad Muthukrishnan
Dr. Prasad was a Post-Doctoral Fellow of prestigious DST-CSI- Cognitive Science and received training in translational neuroscience at Capital Medical University, Beijing. He received over 4 million INR worth of research grants and conducts randomized controlled trials on physiotherapy, back-care and education. His research works received media focus to name a few; TOI[link], DNA[link] and HP[link]. He has worked on various capacities such as clinical head, a member in clinical audit, library, media, the board of studies, academic council, research, assessment committees and team physio for national and international tournaments. He communicated numerous research papers, presented at conferences and contributed as a resource person.
- Bachelor of Physiotherapy from The TN Dr. MGR Medical University in 1998.
- Master in Sports Physiotherapy from Guru Nanak Dev University in 2002.
- Ph.D. in Sports Medicine and Physiotherapy from Guru Nanak Dev University in 2011.
- Graduate Diploma in Health Professions Education from Gulf Medical University in 2014.
- Certificate in inter-professional Education from the University of British Columbia in 2016.
- Certificate in Problem based learning from Maastricht University in 2017.
Areas of interest
- Pain, back and postural control rehabilitation
- Evidence-based practice and education
- Executive function in preschoolers and play
- Health professions education and critical pedagogy
- lle TM, Muthukrishnan R, Ille ME. Integrating medical biostatistics into postgraduate medical curriculum. National Medical Journal of India 2017;30:212-4. [Link]
- S Rajasekar, A Kumar, J Patel, M Ramprasad, AJ Samuel. Does Kinesio taping correct exaggerated dynamic knee valgus? A randomized double blinded sham-controlled trial. The Journal of Bodywork and Movement Therapies. 2017, (in press). [Link]
- A Fatima, R Muthukrishanan, AS Bhatia, A Sulimierski, M Monterio, P Kumar. Functional Outcomes Of Augmented Physiotherapy Program After Spine Surgeries In Patients With Spondylolisthesis: A Case Series. GMJ. 8th Annual Scientific Meeting Oral Proceedings 2016. Gulf Medical Journal 5 (S1), S99-S108. [link]
- Muthukrishnan R, Ille T, Kumar S. The ABCs of EBP: opportunities and challenges for evidence-based practice education in developing countries. The Internet Journal of Allied Health Sciences and Practice. 2016 Apr 07;14(2), Article 7. [Link]
- Ramprasad, M., Alias, J. & Raghuveer A.K. Effect of backpack weight on postural angles in preadolescent children. Indian Pediatr (2010) 47: 575. [Link]
- Muthukrishnan, R., Shenoy, S.D., Jaspal, S.S. The differential effects of core stabilization exercise regime and conventional physiotherapy regime on postural control parameters during perturbation in patients with movement and control impairment chronic low back pain. BMC Sports Sci Med Rehabil (2010) 2: 13. [Link]
- Ramprasad M, Shenoy DS, Singh SJ, Sankara N, Joseley SR. The magnitude of pre-programmed reaction dysfunction in back pain patients: experimental pilot electromyography study. J Back Musculoskelet Rehabil. 2010;23(2):77-86. [Link]