Dr. Sampath Kumar Amaravadi
Dr. Sampath Kumar Amaravadi joined as Assistant Professor at Department of Physiotherapy, College of Health Sciences, Gulf Medical University, Ajman, since September 2020. He worked in reputed medical university in India. He is an active researcher with more than 25 publications in peer-reviewed international journals indexed in Scopus, Web of Science, Medline PubMed, and authored a book chapter. He was awarded “The Best Research Award in 2019 held in London, UK. He has attended many international workshops, conferences, and CME`s and has also been a speaker. He is an editorial board member in Scopus indexed journal and having membership in various professional bodies.
- Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) in the area of Exercise training in Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus from Department of Physiotherapy, Manipal College of Health Professions, Manipal Academy of Higher Education (2016-2019)
- Masters of Physiotherapy (M.P.T) specialization in Cardiopulmonary Sciences with Intensive Care Unit Management as elective from Kasturba Medical College, Manipal University, Mangalore, Karnataka, (2013-2015)
- Bachelor of Physiotherapy (B.P.T) from Durgabai Deshmukh College of Physiotherapy, Hyderabad, India affiliated to DR.NTR University of Health Sciences, Vijayawada, Andhra Pradesh. (2008-2013).
Areas of Interest:
- Critical care unit rehabilitation
- Cardiac rehabilitation
- Pulmonary rehabilitation
- Exercise training & Health promotion fitness
- Type 2 Diabetes mellitus and Diabetic foot care
- Gatty A, Samuel SR, Alaparthi GK, Prabhu D, Upadya M, Krishnan S, Amaravadi SK. Effectiveness of structured early mobilization protocol on mobility status of patients in medical intensive care unit. Physiotherapy Theory and Practice. 2020 Nov 1:1-3.
- Alaparthi GK, Gatty A, Samuel SR, Amaravadi SK. Effectiveness, Safety, and Barriers to Early Mobilization in the Intensive Care Unit. Critical Care Research and Practice. 2020 Nov 26;2020.
- Khyati S, Amaravdi SK, Samuel SR, Augustine AJ, Singh V. Effectiveness of inspiratory muscle training (IMT) on pulmonary function and functional capacity in chronic smoker’sv/s non-smokers patients undergoing open abdominal surgery–A study International Journal of Surgery Protocols. 2020 Nov 6.
- Kandakurti PK, Shanmugam S, Basha SA, Amaravadi SK, Suganthirababu P, Gopal K, George GS. The effectiveness of low-level laser therapy combined with facial expression exercises in patients with moderate-to-severe Bell’s palsy: a study protocol for a randomised controlled trial. International Journal of Surgery Protocols. 2020 Nov 14.
- Vira P, Samuel SR, Amaravadi SK, Saxena PP, Rai PV S, Kurian JR, Gururaj R. Role of Physiotherapy in Hospice Care of Patients with Advanced Cancer: A Systematic American Journal of Hospice and Palliative Medicine®. 2020 Aug 24:1049909120951163.
- Alaparthi GK, Shetty N, Samuel SR, Amaravadi SK, Joshua AM. Respiratory Muscle Training in Stroke- A Narrative Review. Critical Reviews™ in Physical and Rehabilitation Medicine. 2020;32(3).
- Pinto VC, Bairapareddy KC, Prabhu N, Alaparthi GK, Chandrasekaran B, Vaishali K, Amaravadi SK. Recovery Pattern and Barriers to Mobilization during Acute Rehabilitation Phase in Organophosphate Poisoning Patients. Critical Reviews™ in Physical and Rehabilitation Medicine. 2020; 32(3).