Dr. Kumaraguruparan Gopal
Dr. Kumaraguruparan Gopal, has 26 years of clinical and academic experience in physiotherapy profession. He was working in Saveetha College of Physiotherapy Chennai, India since 2021 to 2022 as a professor Cardiopulmonary Physiotherapy and Department of Physiotherapy, College of Health Sciences, Gulf Medical University, Ajman, UAE as a Lecturer to Program Director for BPT since 2010 to 2020. Dr. Guru has sound knowledge and experience in developing, and implementing the current trends in teaching methods, assessment strategies and evaluation process in BPT program. Further, he has good experience in maintaining and evaluating the program effectiveness indicators for Physiotherapy as per the IPOO (Input Process Output Outcome) model. Dr. Guru is also part of university research review committee in GMU, UAE and external evaluator for PhD thesis in Saveetha University, Chennai and NITTE University, Mangalore, India. he was appointed as guide for PhD scholars in Saveetha College of Physiotherapy Chennai, India. He presented numerous research papers national and international conferences as a resource person.
- PhD in Physiotherapy from Ramakrishna Mission Vivekananda University, India in 2015.
- Graduate Diploma in Health Professions Education from GMU, Ajman, UAE in 2013
- Master’s in advanced PT in cardiopulmonary conditions from The Tamil Nādu Dr. MGR Medical University, India in 2009
- Post Graduate Diploma in Fitness and Yoga from Ramakrishna Mission Vivekananda University, India in 2007
- Bachelor of Physiotherapy from The Tamil Nādu Dr. MGR Medical University, India in 1995.
Areas of Interest:
- Cardiopulmonary rehabilitation and practice
- Emergency care and first aid
- Curriculum planning and design
- Evaluating Program effectiveness indicators
- Evidence based physiotherapy and research
- Kumaraguruparan Gopal, Praveen Kumar Kandakurti, Prathap Suganthirababu, Muthukumaran Jothilingam, Senthil Kumar N,Anitha A. Prevalence and Risk Factors for Hypertension Among Young Adults Living in Urban Community . Turkish Journal of Physiotherapy and Rehabilitation.2021; 32(3), 450 – 455
- Kumaraguruparan Gopal, Jagatheesan Alagesan, Kishore JebasinghT, Prathap Suganthirababu, Praveen Kumar Kandakurti, Anitha A, Kumaresan A. Prevalence of High Blood Pressure and Risk Factors Among Health Care Workers During Covid-19 Pandemic. Turkish Journal of Physiotherapy and Rehabilitation.2021; 32(3), 424 – 429.
- Ramprasad M, Gulshan S M, Kumaraguruparan G, Mohamed A S. Power walking based outpatient cardiac rehabilitation in patients with post-coronary angioplasty: Randomized control trial. Physiotherapy Research International. 2021; [link]
- Praveen K, Sukumar S, Ahaikh A, Sampath A, Prathap S, Kumaraguruparan G. The effectiveness of low-level laser therapy combined with facial expression exercises in patients with moderate exercises in patients with moderate to severe Bell’s palsy: a study protocol for a ramdomised controlled trial. International journal of Surgery Protocol.2020; 24 (39-44).
- N Shantakumari, R Eldeeb, J Sreedharan, Kumaraguruparan Gopal. Computer use and vision. related problems among university students in Ajman, United Arab Emirate. Annals of medical and health sciences research.2014;4 (2), 258-263.
- N Shantakumari, RA Eldeeb, J Sreedharan, Kumaraguruparan Gopal. Awareness and practice of computer ergonomics among university students. Int J Med Health Sci. 2012;1 (4), 15-20.