Ms. Devapriya Finney Shadroch
Devapriya Finney Shadroch has experience in Academics, Clinical and Research fields. Past work experience in reputed institutions in India, Saudi Arabia and currently at Gulf Medical University UAE. She has passion towards teaching and research. She was awarded the “Best Oral Paper Presentation” at the Third Annual Scientific Meet 2011, Gulf Medical University, UAE. She is currently involved in a research project on Hand Hygiene.
Areas of interest
- Parasitic Zoonotic infections
- Emerging Mycosis and its early detection
- B.Sc Zoology from Auxillium College Vellore, University of Madras, India in 1985.
- M.Sc Medical Microbiology from Christian Medical College, Vellore, University of Madras, India in 1988.
- Graduate Diploma in Health Profession Education (GDHPE) from Gulf Medical University in 2015.
Research Paper Publications
- Devapriya F, P Sajith, R Ranganathan, J Shanmugam. Prevalence of biofilm and beta-lactamase producing Staphylococcus in nasal and throat isolates from healthy volunteers: A medical alert. NJMS. 2014; 3(2):79-83. [Link]
- Devapriya F, Ramesh R, IE DSouza, Jayadevan S. Neonatal sepsis: Incidence, risk factors, common pathogens and antimicrobial pattern in a multiethnic population in Ajman, UAE. GMJ ASM 2013; 2 (S1):S14-S25. [Link]
- Finney D, R Ranganathan, AKS Khan, J Shanmugam. Staphylococcus aureus: Prevalence among normal healthy individuals. NJMS. 2013; 2(3):160-164. [Link]
- Devapriya F, Ramesh R, Sajit Khan AK, J Shanmugam . β-lactamase production of Staphylococcus aureus: a comparison study of different iodometric methods; GMJ 2013;2(1):16-21. [Link]