Ms. Devapriya Finney Shadroch
Ms. Devapriya Finney Shadroch has 29 years of experience in Academics, Clinical and Research fields. Past work experience in reputed institutions in India, Saudi Arabia and currently as Lecturer at Gulf Medical University UAE. She has passion towards teaching and research. She was awarded the “Best Oral Paper Presentation” at the Third Annual Scientific Meet 2011, Gulf Medical University, UAE. She is currently involved in a research project on “Evaluation of antifungal activity of nanoform of Fluconazole against fungal sinusitis pathogens”.
Areas of interest
- Parasitic Zoonotic infections
- Mycotic diagnosis
- Emerging infectious diseases
- B.Sc. Zoology from Auxillium College Vellore, University of Madras, India in 1985.
- M.Sc. Medical Microbiology from Christian Medical College, Vellore, University of Madras, India in 1988.
- Graduate Diploma in Health Profession Education (GDHPE) from Gulf Medical University in 2015.
Research Paper Publications
- Ahmed L. Osman1, Reem Alhatti1, Hiba Sawas1, Abd Elgadir A. Altoum1, Devapriya Finney Shadroch1, Walid El-Sayed2,3, Praveen Kumar Kandakurti4, Asaad Ma. Babker. An In Vitro Evaluation of the Ability of Ozone Nano- bubble Water to Kill Pathogenic Gram-Negative and Gram-Positive Bacteria, International Journal of Pharmaceutical Research September 2020, Vol 12 | Issue 3, ISSN 0975-2366
- Devapriya F, P Sajith, R Ranganathan, J Shanmugam. Prevalence of biofilm and beta-lactamase producing Staphylococcus in nasal and throat isolates from healthy volunteers: A medical alert. NJMS. 2014; 3(2):79-83. [Link]
- Devapriya F, Ramesh R, IE DSouza, Jayadevan S. Neonatal sepsis: Incidence, risk factors, common pathogens and antimicrobial pattern in a multiethnic population in Ajman, UAE. GMJ ASM 2013; 2 (S1): S14-S25. [Link]
- Finney D, R Ranganathan, AKS Khan, J Shanmugam. Staphylococcus aureus: Prevalence among normal healthy individuals. NJMS. 2013; 2(3):160-164. [Link]
- Devapriya F, Ramesh R, Sajit Khan AK, J Shanmugam . β-lactamase production of Staphylococcus aureus: a comparison study of different iodometric methods; GMJ 2013;2(1):16-21. [Link]