Medical Laboratory Sciences is a healthcare profession concerned with performing various laboratory tests to aid the healthcare disciplines in the diagnosis and management of diseases and disorders. Medical Laboratory Technologists analyze clinical samples to detect chemical content, blood disorders, identification of microorganisms and other special investigations. BSc.MLS program focuses on the imparting knowledge and developing skills to conduct various laboratory tests. This program is designed emphasizing on the modern trends of laboratory sciences and is delivered over 4 years (8 semesters) including internship. Students enrolled in MLS major will develop problem-solving skills, logical reasoning ability and appropriate laboratory science competencies for professional practice through focused coursework and hands-on experience in the medical diagnostic laboratory. On successful completion of this program, the student will be awarded the degree of BSc.MLS, which would be a stepping stone to a challenging career in laboratory Sciences.
Who is a Laboratory Technologist?
- Medical laboratory technologists collect and prepare specimens for various laboratory analysis.
- Perform manual and automated tests by following standard operating procedures.
- Operates and maintains highly sophisticated laboratory equipment such as Hematology analyzer, Biochemistry analyzer and Microscopes.
- Performs various tests in the microbiology laboratory to identify the pathogenic microorganisms using highly sophisticated analyzers.
- Laboratory technologist process the Histopathology samples for the clinical diagnosis of the various tissue diseases.