Medical Imaging Sciences is a health care profession concerned with imaging the body parts and diagnosing the disorders and diseases be seeking for organ structure (Anatomy) and/or organ function (Physiology). Medical Imaging Sciences program focuses on the clinical application of x-rays, high field magnets and ultrasound waves in the medical field. Medical Imaging Technologists play a pivotal role in selecting and implementing the most appropriate imaging examination protocols. Medical Imaging Technologists are obliged to act in an ethical and professionally responsible manner and exhibit a high level of communication skills.
Medical Imaging technology is a rapidly advancing profession and the Medical Imaging Technologists are expected to have a higher level of knowledge and skills to operate and control imaging technologies of digital radiography, Computed Tomography (CT), Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) and Bone Densitometry (BMD).
This program is designed emphasizing on the modern trends of Imaging Sciences and is delivered over 4 years (8 semesters) including internship. Students enrolled in MIS program will develop problem-solving skills and diverse Medical Imaging competencies for professional practice through focused coursework and hands-on experience in Medical Imaging procedures. On successful completion of this program, the student will be awarded the degree of Bachelor of Science in Medical Imaging Sciences (BSc. MIS) and qualify as a Medical Imaging Technologist, which would be a steppingstone to a challenging career in Medical Imaging.
- Dr. Wadah
Who is a Medical Imaging Technologist?
- Medical Imaging Technologist work along with the Radiologist in performing medical imaging procedures to diagnose the diseases and disorders of human body.
- Medical Imaging Technologist operate modern and sophisticated Digital X-ray, CT, MRI, Interventional radiology and Bone densitometry to examine and demonstrate the anatomical structures and physiological functional behaviors of body organs by applying knowledge of structure and function, body positioning skills and medical imaging techniques.
- Medical Imaging Technologist are also trained to perform these duties at the patient’s bedside, in the operating room and in an emergency.
- Medical Imaging Technologist control along with medical physicist to maintain as low as radiation dose by implementation of the radiation protections methods and equipment to protect the patients, general public and staff.
- Initial accredited June 2014
- Re-accreditation under process 2021