Dr. Asaad joined Gulf Medical University in Feb. 2017 with more than 15 years of teaching and research experience in area of Medical laboratory Science with different academic positions in Sudan, Saudi Arabia and Jordan. He has more than 60 publications (articles, chapters and books) in internationally recognized journals and publishers.
Area of Interest
- Hematologic Diseases
- Clinical studies of hemostasis problems associated with recurrent pregnancy loss.
- Blood transfusion and immunohematology.
- Identification of hematological cells using image processing techniques.
- Medical Education
- B.Sc. Medical Laboratory Sciences – University of Science and Technology, Sudan 2005 .
- Pre-master qualifying year – University of Khartoum, Sudan ,2007.
- M.Sc. Medical laboratory Science (Hematology and Immunohematology) Sudan University of Science and Technology, Sudan 2010.
- Ph.D. in Medical laboratory Science (Hematology and Immunohematology), Sudan University of Science and Technology, Sudan 2015.
- American Board for clinical pathology, International Specialist in Hematology (SH – ASCPI),ID: 25713617. The American Society for Clinical Pathology,
Selected Research articles
- Asaad Ma. Babker, Itedal Abdelraheem Mohamed Ahme, Marwan Ismai, Fathelrahman Mahdi Hassan, Ahmed L. Osman, Praveen Kumar Kandakurti, Abd Elgadir A. Altoum Lack of Association between Factor V Leiden G1691A, Prothrombin G20210A, MTHFC677T Mutations, and Early Recurrent Pregnancy Loss in a Group of Sudanese Women. Open Access Maced J Med Sci. [link]
- Elmigdad AA. Mohamed, Mahmoud Mohamed Elgari, Asaad MA.Babker. Comparative study of hypercoagulability change in steady state and during vaso-occlusive crisis among Sudanese patients suffering from sickle cell anemia. African Health Sciences. 2020 Apr 20;20(1):392-6. [link]
- Talawy, Tiba Sabah, A. Altoum Abd Elgadir, and Asaad Ma Babker. “The Role of Erythroferrone Hormone as Erythroid Regulator of Hepcidin and Iron Metabolism during Thalassemia and in Iron Deficiency Anemia-A Short Review.” Journal of Pharmaceutical Research International (2020): 55-59. [link]
- Usra E. Abdalah, Manar G. Shalabi, Abozer Y. Elderdery, Albadawi Abdelbagi, Hatem Mohamed, Asaad Ma. Babker, Anass M. Abbas. Association of Epstein–Barr virus Detection with Histopathologic-prognostic Findings among Sudanese Breast Cancer patients. International Journal of Pharmaceutical Research. 12(4). [link]
- Abd Elgadir A. Altoum, Mohammed Y. Abbas, Ahmed L. Osman, Sharique Ahmed, Asaad MA Babker. The Influence of Oral Multivitamins Supplementation on Selected Oxidative Stress Parameters and Lipid Profiles among Sudanese Patients with Type-2 Diabetes Macedonian Journal of Medical Sciences March 2019 7(5):1- [link]
- Abd Elgadir A Altoum, Ahmed L Osman, Asaad MA Babker. Impact of body mass index in malondialdehyde, antioxidant vitamins A, E, C and plasma zinc among type 2 diabetic patients Kuwait Medical Journal, March 2019; 51 (1). [link]
- Wadah M. Alia, Rose A. Arceñob, Asaad MA. BabkercStudents’ Contextualization on Technology Use in Learning. International Journal of Sciences: International Journal of Sciences: Basic and Applied Research (IJSBAR) (2019) Volume 48, No 7, pp 208-215. [link]