Dr. Ahmed Luay is serving as Assistant Professor of Microbiology in Medical Laboratory Sciences Program at Gulf Medical University since April 2015. He has vast teaching experience of more than 12 years and has many publications in reputed international journals.
Areas of interest
- Antimicrobial agents
- Molecular microbiology
- BSc in Medical Laboratory Sciences (Microbiology) from College for Technological Sciences, Sudan in 2003.
- Higher Diploma in Medical Laboratory Sciences (General) from Alzaiem Alazhari University, Sudan in 2005.
- MSc in Medical Laboratory Sciences (Microbiology) from Sudan University of Science and Technology, Sudan in 2008.
- Ph.D. in Medical Laboratory Sciences (Molecular Microbiology) from Sudan University of Science and Technology, Sudan in 2014.
- Dixon T, Seeba Zachariah, Abdelgadir E, Ahmed L O Hashim. Limitations of serum creatinine as a marker of renal function. Scholars Academic Journal of Pharmacy. 2017; 6(5): 168-170. [Link]
- Abdelgadir Elamin Eltom, Ahmed Luay Osamn. Lipid Profile among Sudanese Cigarette Smokers in Khartoum State, Sudan. International Journal of Science and Research. 2016;5(11):1410-1411. [Link]
- Mogahid M. Elhassan, Miskelyemen A. Elmekki, Ahmed L. Osman, Mohamed E. Hamid. Challenges in diagnosing tuberculosis in children: a comparative study from Sudan. International Journal of Infectious Diseases. 2016;43:25-29. [Link]
- Ahmed L. Osman, Nageeb S. Saeed, Mogahid M. Elhassan. Polymerase Chain Reaction Targeting Insertion Sequence IS 6110 for the Diagnosis of Pulmonary Tuberculosis among Sudanese Children and young adults. International Journal of Mycobacteriology. 2014;3(4):252-258. [Link]