Infection control prevents or stops the spread of infections in healthcare settings. This workshop includes an overview of how infections spread and ways to prevent its spread. The workshop will give the students an excellent opportunity to learn and put their learning into clinical practice.
On completion of the workshop, the participants should be able to:
- Understand Infection prevention and control.
- Familiarize common vaccine-preventable infectious diseases, emerging and re-emerging infectious disease
- Discuss the importance of Universal Precautions in preventing and controlling infection
- Describe cleaning and disinfection procedure.
- Enumerate the management of hospital waste.
- Demonstrate proper donning and doffing of common Personal Protective Equipments
- Demonstrate proper hand washing techniques
- Didactic lectures
- Interactive sessions
- Small group practice exercises
Who will benefit from this course
The Infection control workshop is designed to meet the needs of a variety of healthcare professionals such as Nurses, Medical Assistants, Healthcare Students, Pharmacy Technicians or any Practitioner who wishes to improve their clinical skills.
Timing: 9:00AM – 12:00PM
- Health Professionals:
- Thumbay group staff:
- GMU Student:
- Group (10 and more):