The aim of this intensive workshop is to extend and update the clinical EKG interpretation knowledge of health professionals who have a thorough basic understanding of EKG.
It is an ideal opportunity to learn systematic approach to elucidate challenging 12 lead EKG, as in complex arrhythmias, myocardial ischemia and infarctions.
The main focus of the workshop is assisting the participant to achieve more advanced levels of electrocardiogram interpretation through brief Interactive lectures and discussions and to avoid common misconceptions through Pearls and Pitfalls, Tips and Tricks.
At the end of this workshop, participants should be able to:
- Recall the basic anatomy of coronary circulation and the normal cardiac conductive system
- Understand and recall the role of EKG in the management of ACS
- Interpret EKG in a systematic way
- Differentiate between STEMI (with its sequence of changes) vs NSTEMI from surface EKG
- Localize the site of MI
- Differentiate conditions that may, electrocardiographically, mimic ACS
- Explain and Interpret EKG changes in some common cardiac conditions (pericardial/ myocardial/ pulmonary diseases and accessory pathways)
- Interpret EKG changes in some non-cardiac conditions (Drug effects/ electrolyte imbalance/ metabolic disorders)
- Identify the normal sinus rhythm and sinus arrhythmias
- Identify the presence and origin of premature beats
- Diagnose and differentiate different patterns of supraventricular arrhythmias
- Diagnose and differentiate different patterns of ventricular arrhythmias
- Explain and Identify heart block and its variable degrees on EKG
- Identify variable EKG patterns that may occur during cardiac arrest
- Identify EKG patterns in the presence of the commonly used pacemaker modes
- Recall the limitations& pitfalls of EKG
Who Will Benefit From This Course?
Doctors, Interns and Residents, Nurses, Paramedical staff and technicians and other related healthcare providers and students.
- EKG in Coronary artery Disease (CAD): Part 1,2 and 3
- EKG in Arrhythmias: Part 1,2,3,4 and 5.
- Pericardial, myocardial & pulmonary diseases/ Pre-excitation patterns
- Drug effects, Electrolyte imbalance, Metabolic Disorders
- Pace makers
- Specific Considerations, Limitations and Pitfalls
Interactive Lectures with discussions (including sample traces), Small Group practical’s.
Comprehensive Workshop on Fundamentals of EKG (desirable, not mandatory)
Friday and Saturday – 8:30 am – 4:00 pm (2 Full Days)
9.5 CME (MOHAP)
Health Professionals :- 550 AED
Thumbay Group Staff :- 450 AED
GMU Students :- 450 AED
Group Registration(10 or More Reg) :- 450 AED