This workshop provides an Introduction to the fundamentals of orthopedic skills, practiced in a safe, monitored work environment focused on high-quality hands on training based on international standardized guidelines.
At the end of this workshop, participants should be able to:
- Understand principles of fracture management and implement them during treatment at a primary care level
- Read and interpret a given set of X-rays
- Demonstrate how to immobilize a fracture using splints and frames
- Demonstrate techniques of noninvasive methods of traction
- Demonstrate slab and cast application of extremities using POP
- Implement and exhibit proper protocols for hand washing, gowning, gloving and draping following principles of strict asepsis and sterile field in an Orthopedic setup
- Demonstrate correct operation theater protocol in trauma and orthopedics including handling of instruments
- Demonstrate technique of intra-articular injections showing understanding of sterile field and indications for procedure
Seminars & Multimedia presentations, Hands-on one on one training, assessment and follow-up sessions.
Who Will Benefit From This Course?
Interns, Residents, General Practitioners, Nursing Practitioners, Residents/Postgraduates (All surgical specialties).
Basic Surgical Skills (Recommended, Not mandatory)
8:30 am – 4:30 pm (Full Day)
Health professional: 300 AED
Nurses & Thumbay Staff: 200 AED
GMU Student: 100
Group ( 10 and more): 200 AED