This is a preparatory course (Pre Course), designed for healthcare providers who are applying for the AHA ACLS HCP course. This pre course will enable the target students to be familiar with the contents and skills taught in ACLS HCP course. They will have the chance to understand the basic ECG and arrhythmias encountered in ACLS. They will be introduced to the technology and equipment used during the class including the Sim man, Defibrillator, Monitors & pacing pads and electrodes.
The different drugs used during ACLS will be taught with emphasis on indications, doses, form, preparation and routes of administration. The students also will have the chance to be familiar with the different ACLS algorithms that are followed during the different Mega code scenarios.
At the end of this workshop, participants should be able to:
- Recall the basics of ECG relevant to the ACLS HCP course
- Rapidly and accurately recognize various arrhythmias during the ACLS Megacode scenarios
- Differentiate stable from unstable arrhythmias
- Explain ACLS algorithms used in various scenarios
- Familiarize themselves with the various equipment used during the ACLS course
- Safely operate the various equipment used in the ACLS course
- Recall the drugs used during cardiac arrest, the indications, doses, form, preparation & routes of administration for each drug based upon a given scenario
Lecture and Multimedia presentations, Hands-on one on one training and assessment.
Who Will Benefit From This Course?
Healthcare providers applying for the AHA ACLS HCP course: Physicians, Pharmacists, Interns, Students, Nurses, And Paramedics.
8:30 am – 2:30 pm
Health Professionals :- 450 AED
Thumbay Group Staff :- 400 AED
GMU Students :- 400 AED
Group Registration(10 or More Reg) :- 400 AED