Assistant Professor & BPT Program Director
Dr. Kumaraguruparan Gopal
Dr.Kumaraguruparan Gopal, PhD. has 22 years of clinical and academic experience in physiotherapy profession in India and abroad; he is working in College of Health Sciences, Gulf Medical University since November 2010. He has many publications and presentations nationally and internationally. He always thrives to excel in teaching.
Areas of interest
- Cardiopulmonary rehabilitation
- Pain management
- Bachelor of Physiotherapy from The Tamil Nadu Dr. MGR Medical University in 1995.
- Master of Physiotherapy in (Advanced Physiotherapy in Cardiopulmonary Disorders) from The Tamil Nadu Dr.MGR Medical University in 2009.
- Doctor of Philosophy in Physiotherapy from Ramakrishna Mission Vivekananda University in 2015.
- Graduate Diploma in Health Profession Education from Gulf Medical University in 2013.
- Shantakumari N, Eldeeb R, Sreedharan J, Gopal K. Computer Use and Vision‑Related Problems Among University Students In Ajman, United Arab Emirate. Annals of Medical & Health Sciences Research. 2014;4(2): 258-263. [Link]
- Nargis A, Najah M, Jean E, Gopal K. Retrospective evaluation of sternal precautions protocol for the patients with coronary artery bypass grafting. Gulf Medical Journal. 2013;2(S2):S30-S32. [Link]
- Shantakumari N, Eldeeb R, Sreedharan J, Gopal K. Awareness and Practice of Computer Ergonomics among University Students. International Journal of Medical and Health Sciences. 2012;1(4):15-20. [Link]
- Gopal K, Thomos M, Sreedharan J. Work-related musculoskeletal disorders (WMSD) in hospital nurses: Prevalence and coping strategies. Gulf Medical Journal. 2012;1(S1):S159-S163. [Link]
- Bashir F, KumarP, Gopal K. Effect of combined manual therapy techniques with modalities on pain and discomfort of patents with fibromyalgia syndrome. Gulf Medical Journal. 2012;1(S2):S189-S192. [Link]