Gulf Medical University’s Thumbay Institute of Precision Medicine and Translational Research (TIPM&TR), The Thumbay Institute of Population Health and The Thumbay Institute of Healthcare Workforce Development and Leadership are world-class training and research facilities.
GMU has added a new dimension to medical research by introducing precision medicine. The Thumbay Institute of Precision Medicine and Translational Research will focus on two main research domains – Diabetics and Cancer. The researchers at the Institute seek to address the importance of tailoring the treatment protocol for each patient to what is unique about them genetically, lifestyle and environmental wise. It will serve as a hub for researchers, faculty, clinicians and students interested in medical research and become incubators for innovation startup companies, and launch innovative products and services.
Gulf Medical University’s research and innovation has the following aims and objectives:
- To enhance a culture that will encourage innovation, entrepreneurship and creativity.
- To serve as a point of contact for scientists, faculty and students interested in medical research.
- To launch innovative products and services.
- To spur medical innovation and offer a platform for healthcare researchers, biomedical innovators and medical scientists in the region.
- To foster collaborations and partnerships with international institutions, universities, research labs, pharma companies and the healthcare industry
GMU will be the first of its kind in the region to have devoted state-of-the-art innovation and incubation laboratories for the following:
- Gene Editing and Next Generation Sequencing (NGS)
- 3D Printing
- Pharma Product Development
- Bio Innovation Incubator
- Health Robotics and Artificial Intelligence Innovation
- Stem Cell Research
- Bioavailability & Bioequivalence Studies