Medical Imaging Sciences
Dr. Rahul Pratap Kotian
Dr. Rahul Pratap Kotian joined as Assistant Professor in Medical Imaging Sciences Program of College of Health Sciences, Gulf Medical University, Ajman, United Arab Emirates since September 2021.
Dr. Rahul got his Ph.D in Magnetic Resonance Imaging from Manipal College of Health Professions, Karnataka India.From the same institution he was the best outgoing student at the graduate and post-graduate level. He is the first Clinical PhD in Magnetic Resonance Imaging and Parkinson’s disease in Medical Imaging at India.Dr. Rahul P Kotian was also recognized with Honorary Doctorate for excellence in the field of Medical Imaging Technology on 12thSeptember 2021 from Bharat Virtual University for Peace and Education (Unit of United Nations Organization, Geneva).
He has published more than 45 scientific research papers, and reference books in the field of Radiology and Magnetic Resonance Imaging, Diffusion Tensor Imaging, Fractional Anisotropy, Parkinson’s disease, Computed Tomography and Radiation Protection and contributed extensively to the medical imaging literature. He is an active member as Reviewer for many Scopus indexed peer-reviewed journals.
Dr. Rahul was also the Radiation Safety officer Level I officer at Kasturba Medical College and Hospital, Manipal Academy of Higher Education: 2011-2014, 2014-2017 and 2017-2019.
He is recognized internationally and nationally as a leader in the field of Medical Imaging in DTI and FA imaging. He has taken part in 48 National conferences,9 International conferences and workshopsanddid 28 poster presentations. And has been one of the keynotes and guest speaker at various International and National Conferences. He has received nine merit awards.
- Will the COVID-19 Pandemic Spark the Fresh Wave of Global Health Governance? Dr. Sneha P. Kotian, Dr. Rahul P. Kotian, Disha R. Kotian, Dr. Wadah M. Ali, Dr. Animesh Hazari, Albin Babu M. Wilson. Effatounia- Multidisciplinary Journal 5 No. 2 (2021). https://efflatounia.com/index.php/journal/article/view/427
- Rahul P Kotian, Disha R Kotian , Brayal D’souza, Dr. Sneha P Kotian , Dr. Ravishankar N, Dr. Sindhura Kunaparaju, Albin Babu M Wilson, Dr. Wadah M. Ali, Dr. Animesh Hazari, Dr. Leena R David. A web survey to assess the perceived mental healthcare among Medical Imaging Professionals during COVID-19 pandemic. Turkish Online Journal of Qualitative Inquiry (TOJQI)Volume 12, Issue 9, August2021: 2068-2080. https://www.tojqi.net/index.php/journal/article/view/6009
- Kotian, R.P., Prakashini, K. & Nair, N.S. A diffusion tensor imaging study to compare normative fractional anisotropy values with patients suffering from Parkinson’s disease in the brain grey and white matter. Health Technol. 10, 1283–1289 (2020).https://doi.org/10.1007/s12553-020-00454-1
- Kotian RP, Faujdar D, Kotian SP, D’souza B. Knowledge and understanding among medical imaging professionals in India during the rapid rise of the covid-19 pandemic. Health and Technology. 2020 May 28:1-6. https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s12553-020-00437-2
- Kotian, Rahul P and Prakashini, K and Nair, Sreekumaran N and Babu, Satish M (2017) A diffusion tensor imaging study to estimate normative fractional anisotropy values in different age groups of normal brain white matter. International Journal of Control Theory and Applications, 10 (36). pp. 195-204. ISSN 0974-5572. https://serialsjournals.com/abstract/81483_ch_19_f_-_ijcta-04.pdf
- Kotian RP, Prakashini K, Nair KS, Satish Babu M. Consistency of fractional anisotropy values using different combinations of B-value and time of echo (TE) in diffusion tensor imaging of normal brain white matter. Journal of Clinical and Diagnostic Research. 2018 Dec 1;12(12):TC01-TC04. https://doi.org/10.7860/JCDR/2018/38089.12315
European Society of Radiology (ESR)
- International Society of Radiographers and Radiological Technologists (ISRRT)
- Life member of Karnataka Medical Radiographers and Allied Technologists Association.
- Life member of Indian Association of Radiological Technologists (IART).
- Life member of Indian Society of Radiological Technologists (ISRT) and National Executive Committee member.
- Life member of Global Illuminators Kuala Lumpur Malaysia.