Dean, College of Health Sciences
Dr. Praveen Kumar Kandakurti
- Graduate Diploma in Health Professions Education from Gulf Medical University, UEA in 2015.
- Ph.D. (Physiotherapy) from Guru Nanak Dev University, Amritsar, India in 2014.
- DPT-Doctor of Physical Therapy from North Eastern University, USA in 2013.
- Certificate in Orthopedic Manual therapy from Manual Concepts, Curtin University, Australia in 2008.
- Master of Sports Physiotherapy from Guru Nanak Dev University, Amritsar, India.
- Bachelor of Physiotherapy from Mangalore University, Mangalore, India in 1998.
Research Areas of Interest:
- MSK & Sports Rehabilitation
- Patients Education & Satisfaction
- Student Education
Selected Research publications:
- D.R. Watson Arulsingh, Praveen Kumar Kandakurthi, Ramprasad Muthukrishnan, Sukumar Shanmugam,“Effectiveness of neural mobilisation combined with postural correction exercises in a patient with lateral knee pain’’- A Case report, Journal of Bodywork and Movement Therapies, 2021,ISSN 1360-8592. [link]
- Ravi Shankar Yerragonda Reddy , Arun G Maiya, Sharath Kumar Rao, Khalid A Alahmari, Jaya Shanker Teda, Praveen Kumar Kandakurti, Venkata Nagaraj Kakaraparthi.Effectiveness of Kinaesthetic Exercise program on Position Sense, Pain, and Disability in Chronic Neck Pain Patients with Cervical Spondylosis – A Randomized Comparative Trial. Physikalische Medizin, Rehabilitation Medizin, Kurortmedizin.6 (2020). [link]
- Praveen Kumar Kandakurti, Sukumar Shanmugam, Shaikh Altaf Basha, Sampath Kumar Amaravadi, Prathap Suganthirababu, Kumaraguruparan Gopal, Geovinson Stephen George. The effectiveness of low-level laser therapy combined with facial expression exercises in patients with moderate-to-severe Bell’s palsy: A study protocol for a randomised controlled trial.International Journal of Surgery Protocols. 24 (2020) 39–44. [link]
- ABD ELGADIR A. ALTOUM, HANI M. MOHAMED, AHMED L. OSMAN, MARWAN ISMAIL, PRAVEEN KUMAR KANDAKURTI, ASAAD MA. BABKER. Status of some selected Trace Elements Levels and lipid profile in Ischemic heart disease patients with type 2 Diabetes Mellitus. International Journal of Pharmaceutical Research. Volume 12, Issue 4, Oct – Dec 2020. [link]
- Ahmed L.Osman, Reem Alhatti, Hiba Sawas, Abd Elgadir A.Altoum, Devapriya Finney Shadroch, Walid El-Sayed, Praveen Kumar Kandakurti, Asaad Ma.Babker An In Vitro Evaluation of the Ability of Ozone Nano-bubble Water to Kill Pathogenic Gram-Negative and Gram-Positive Bacteria. International Journal of Pharmaceutical Research | Jul – Sep 2020 | Vol 12 | Issue 3. [link]
- Asaad Ma. Babker, Itedal Abdelraheem Mohamed Ahme, Marwan Ismai, Fathelrahman Mahdi Hassan, Ahmed L. Osman, Praveen Kumar Kandakurti, Abd Elgadir A. Altoum Lack of Association between Factor V Leiden G1691A, Prothrombin G20210A, MTHFC677T Mutations, and Early Recurrent Pregnancy Loss in a Group of Sudanese Women. Open Access Maced J Med Sci. [link]
- Alahmari, Khalid, Jaya Shanker Tedla, Devika Rani Sangadala, Debjani Mukherjee, Ravi Shankar Reddy, Kalyana Chakravarthy Bairapareddy, and Praveen Kumar Kandakurti. “Effectiveness of Hand-Arm Bimanual Intensive Therapy on Hand Function among Children with Unilateral Spastic Cerebral Palsy: A Meta-Analysis.” European Neurology 83, no. 1 (2020): 13-19 [link]
- Ministry of Health, UAE.
- Dubai Health Authority, UAE.
- Health Professions Council, UK.
- Irish Society of Chartered Physiotherapists, Ireland.
- Indian Association of Physiotherapists, India.