BPT- Program Director
Dr. D.R. Watson Arulsingh
Dr. Watson Arulsingh D. R serves in Gulf Medical University since 2019. He has more than 15 years of teaching experience and has 22 publications in reputed journals. He headed Khelo India funding Project worth 18 crores (INR) to establish Sports Science Centre under Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports, India. He worked at various capacity as clinical head, sports injury management team for National level meets, member of curriculum committee and project monitoring committee at university level.
Areas of interest
- Sports Injury Prevention
- Sports injury and fitness screening
- Orthopedics & Sports injury Rehabilitation
- Integrated manual therapy for musculoskeletal disorder
- Sports Biomechanics
- Clinical Reasoning in orthopedic physiotherapy
- Health & wellness
- PhD in Physiotherapy in 2017 from Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Bangalore, India
- Master of Physiotherapy (MPT) in 2005 from Annamalai University, India
- Bachelor of Physiotherapy (BPT) in 1999 from The Tamil Nadu Dr. M.G.R. Medical University, India
- Post graduate diploma in Preventive & Promotive Health Care, (PGDPPHC) in 2001 from Apollo Hospitals, Hyderabad, India.
- Kandakurti, P.K., Arulsingh, W.& S Patil, S. Influence of kinesiophobia on pain intensity, disability, muscle endurance, and position sense in patients with chronic low back pain—a case-control study. Trials23, 469 (2022). [link]
- Husna Ishaq, Mizbah Zuber, Praveen Kumar Kandakurti, Watson Arulsingh. Do Manual Therapy Techniques Help in Patients with Frozen Shoulder?: A Systematic Literature Review; Critical ReviewsTM in Physical and Rehabilitation Medicine, 34(2):1–28 (2022).
- Aysha Mohammed, Watson Arulsingh, Praveen Kumar Kandakurti. The Effectiveness of Core Stability Exercise Program on Lower Limb Performance in Athletes—A Scoping Review; Critical ReviewsTM in Physical and Rehabilitation Medicine, 34(1):57–67 (2022).
- Arulsingh W, Kandakurti PK, Muthukrishnan R, Shanmugam S. Effectiveness of neural mobilisation combined with postural correction exercises in a patient with lateral knee pain- A case report. Journal of Bodywork Movement Therapies. 2021 Jul;27:364-367. doi: 10.1016/j.jbmt.2021.02.010. Epub 2021 Mar 3. PMID: 34391259.
- Watson Arulsingh D R, Ganesh S Pai, Screening of foot defects, deformities and diseases among endurance runners; Saudi journal of sports medicine,18;136-45 (2018).
- Disha Shetty, Baskaran Chandrasekaran, A Watson D R, Joseph Oliverraj. Exercise in polycystic ovarian syndrome: An evidence-based review. Saudi journal of sports medicine. September-December, 17(3):123- 128 (2017).