The internship is an obligatory period of experiential learning where the intern is guided to acquire the knowledge, skill, and competencies required to function as a professional nurse. This internship period is mandatory for graduates of Bachelor of Science in Nursing program for taking the Professional Licensing examination of the Ministry of Health and Prevention, UAE as a Registered Nurse. The period of internship is 6 months (24 weeks) and the Thumbay Hospital, Ajman is approved by the Ministry of Health and Prevention, UAE for Nursing Internship.
Nursing Internship Program
The aims of the internship are to
- Provide ‘on-the-job’ experience under the supervision
- Provide opportunities to attain appropriate higher skills and competencies before entering the work setting as a registered nurse
- Provide an insight into the practice of the chosen profession
- Serve as a link between the educational program and the workforce in which they are going to join
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree from an accredited educational institution
Fill online Application Form [Link]
The following documents are required as part of the internship application:
- Updated CV listing your personal details, educational qualifications, career goals, your interests & achievements
- 2 Letters of Recommendation
- Letter of Good Standing
- College / University Transcripts
- Final Degree or Provisional Degree Certificate
- Valid BLS & ACLS Provider Certificates
- Valid passport with valid UAE visa (For local: Family Book)
- Valid Emirates ID
- Birth Certificate
- 6 Recent Passport size photo (white background)
- Medical Fitness Certificate (Vaccination):
- BCG, HBV, and Tetanus are mandatory.
- Hemophilus Influenza is optional.
- Malpractice Insurance