- The internship is an obligatory period of experiential learning where the intern is guided to acquire the knowledge, skill, and competencies required to function as a professional nurse.
- This internship period is mandatory for graduates of Bachelor of Science in Nursing program prior to taking the Professional Licensing examination by the Ministry of Health and Prevention, UAE as a Registered Nurse.
- The period of internship is 6 months (24 weeks) and the Thumbay Hospital, Ajman.
- The Nursing Internship program at Thumbay Hospital, Ajman [JCI accredited] is recognized by the Ministry of Health and Prevention, UAE as a Teaching Hospital approved for Internship training.
Nursing Internship Program
The aims of the internship are to
- Provide ‘on-the-job’ experience under the supervision
- Provide opportunities to attain appropriate higher skills and competencies before entering the work setting as a registered nurse
- Provide an insight into the practice of the chosen profession
- Serve as a link between the educational program and the workforce in which they are going to join
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree from an accredited educational institution
Fill online Application Form [Link]
The following documents are required as part of the internship application:
- Updated CV listing your personal details, educational qualifications, career goals, your interests & achievements
- 2 Letters of Recommendation
- Letter of Good Standing
- College / University Transcripts
- Final Degree or Provisional Degree Certificate
- Valid BLS & ACLS Provider Certificates
- Valid passport with valid UAE visa (For local: Family Book)
- Valid Emirates ID
- Birth Certificate
- 6 Recent Passport size photo (white background)
- Medical Fitness Certificate (Vaccination):
- BCG, HBV, and Tetanus are mandatory.
- Hemophilus Influenza is optional.
- Malpractice Insurance