- Preclinical Academic Lecture Halls in College of Dentistry, Gulf Medical University
- Preclinical Dental Labs – Phantom Head in College of Dentistry, Gulf Medical University
- Preclinical Dental Labs – SIMS Lab in College of Dentistry, Gulf Medical University
- Dental Labs for Academic and clinical works – College of Dentistry, Gulf Medical University
- Dental Acrylic finishing and polishing machine
- Dental Casting units and sand blaster
- Model Trimmer and Steam Cleaner
- Ceramic Furnace
Infrastructure and Facilities
Dental Simulation Laboratory
The College of Dentistry Student Dental Simulation Laboratory is used for a wide variety of teaching and assessment purposes. Simulation Lab offers aspiring dentists a technologically advanced, personalized learning experience. Freshmen and sophomore dental students are introduced to all aspects of dentistry by performing procedures on simulators before entering patient clinics. This facility provides an ideal interactive environment for both instructors and students. Each student workstation contains phantom heads with running water and air giving students the best virtual patient care experience possible in a nonclinical setting. Proper ergonomics, four-handed capabilities, appropriate lighting, and full infection control protocols are introduced and regularly reviewed as students practice preclinical technical procedures essential to develop required clinical skills.
GMU Teaching Hospitals/Dental Centres are Located in Dubai, Sharjah, Ajman and Fujairah.
Thumbay Dental Hospital, Thumbay Medicity
Thumbay Dental Hospital affiliated by College of Dentistry – Gulf Medical University, Aljurf, Ajman UAE is a highly equipped one with the most recent infrastructure designs and quality. This dental hospital has 61 dental units distributed along three floors on departmental based policy.
The dental services in all areas of dentistry will be provided by highly qualified Consultants and specialists licensed by MOH UAE. Oral health care will be provided 24/7 including Fridays.
The College of Dentistry is keen to provide high quality unique dental health care through centres of excellency in every dental field.
Advanced CAD/CAM labs for providing fixed and removable prosthesis Endodontic treatment by endodontic microscope Nitrous oxide conscious sedation for dental management of children
Centres of Excellency
- Centre of Dental laser
- Centre of Dental patients with special needs (Children & adults) (First in UAE)
- Centre of Dental Implant
- Centre of Halitosis (First in UAE)
- Centre of facial pain & TMJ disorders (First in UAE)
- Centre of habit counselling (First in UAE)
For the first time in the region College of Dentistry/ Gulf Medical University established (FLYING DENTAL TEAM) offering the oral health services for
- very old patients cannot come to the clinics and need dental treatment
- Obese patients having difficulty to be treated in the clinics
- Debilitating patients with compromised physical conditions