Chair Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences and Assistant Professor of Medicinal Chemistry
Dr. Ahmed Thabet Negmeldin
- B.Sc. in Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences, Faculty of Pharmacy, Cairo University, Egypt, 2006.
- M.Sc. in Pharmaceutical Sciences (Pharmaceutical Organic Chemistry), Faculty of Pharmacy, Cairo University, Egypt, 2011.
- Ph.D. in Chemistry (Organic Chemistry major and Biochemistry minor), Wayne State University, Detroit, MI, USA, 2017.
- Drug discovery, rationale design, and computer-aided drug design.
- Chemical synthesis of organic compounds with interesting biological activity, especially anti-cancer agents.
- In vitro and in cellulo biological screening of inhibitors, and molecular docking.
- Joseph Naguib, M., Moustafa Kamel, A., Thabet Negmeldin, A., Elshafeey, A. H., & Elsayed, I. (2020). Molecular docking and statistical optimization of taurocholate-stabilized galactose anchored bilosomes for the enhancement of sofosbuvir absorption and hepatic relative targeting efficiency. Drug Delivery, 27(1), 996-1009. [Link]
- AbdelHamid, MK, Labib, MB, Negmeldin, AT, Al-Shorbagy, M, and Mohammed MR (2018). Design, synthesis, and screening of ortho-amino thiophene carboxamide derivatives on hepatocellular carcinoma as VEGFR-2 Inhibitors. Journal of Enzyme Inhibition and Medicinal Chemistry, 33(1), 1472-1493. [Link]
- Negmeldin, AT, Knoff, JR, and Pflum, MKH (2018). The structural requirements of histone deacetylase inhibitors: C4-modified SAHA analogs display dual HDAC6/HDAC8 selectivity. European Journal of Medicinal Chemistry, 143, 1790-1806. [Link]
- Negmeldin, AT, Padige, G, Bieliauskas, AV, and Pflum, MKH (2017). Structural Requirements of HDAC Inhibitors: SAHA Analogues Modified at the C2 Position Display HDAC6/8 Selectivity. ACS Medicinal Chemistry Letters, 8(3), 281–286. [Link]
- Negmeldin, AT, and Pflum, MKH (2017). The structural requirements of histone deacetylase inhibitors: SAHA analogs modified at the C5 position display dual HDAC6/8 selectivity. Bioorganic & Medicinal Chemistry Letters, 27 (15), 3254–3258. [Link]
- Almaliti, J, Al-Hamashi, AA, Negmeldin, AT, Hanigan, CL, Perera, L, Pflum, MKH, Casero Jr, RA, and Tillekeratne, VLM (2016) Largazole Analogues Embodying Radical Changes in the Depsipeptide Ring: Development of a More Selective and Highly Potent Analogue. Journal of Medicinal Chemistry, 59(23), 10642-10660. [Link]
- Bieliauskas, AV, Weerasinghe, SVW, Negmeldin, AT, and Pflum, MKH (2016). Structural Requirements of Histone Deacetylase Inhibitors: SAHA Analogs Modified on the Hydroxamic Acid. Archiv der Pharmazie, 349(5), 373–382. [Link]
- Padige, G, Negmeldin, AT, and Pflum, MKH (2015). Development of an ELISA-Based HDAC Activity Assay for Characterization of Isoform-Selective Inhibitors. Journal of Biomolecular Screening, 20(10), 1277-1285. [Link]
- Wambua, MK, Nalawansha, DA, Negmeldin, AT, and Pflum, MKH (2014). Mutagenesis studies of the 14 Å internal cavity of histone deacetylase 1: insights toward the acetate-escape hypothesis and selective inhibitor design. Journal of Medicinal Chemistry, 57(3), 642-650. [Link]
- Kandeel, MM, Mohamed, LW, Abd-ElHamid, MK, and Negmeldin, AT (2012). Design, Synthesis, and Antitumor Evaluation of Novel Pyrazolo[3,4-d]pyrimidine Derivatives. Scientia Pharmaceutica, 80(3) 531-545. [Link]