Recreation & Sports
Body & Soul Health Club & Spa: The club is first of its kind in Ajman offering extensive sports, recreation, fitness, health, social and youth programs. The Club is located on the grounds of the Gulf Medical University with very easy access from Ajman and with ample parking. The facilities include a luxury family pool and deck, an extensive fitness suite with a view, dance and yoga studios, a 3 court tennis center with our very own pro, badminton, squash, volleyball and basketball courts, a soccer/cricket pitch and a ladies only section with a gym and private access to the ladies pool.
Coffee & Socialization
Blends & Brews Coffee Shoppe: Offers a wide range of hot/cold beverage dedicated to the liking of the local Arabic taste, which is a unique offering. Frozen Carbonated Beverages and unique flavored drinks also available. Also has short eats and desserts from different parts of the world to enhance the taste of coffee. It has a vibrant color ambiance which represents elegance and luxury, and provides the ideal setting for socialization.
Eating on Campus
The Terrace Restaurant: A Multi-Cuisine Restaurant located on the first floor of Body & Soul Health Club & Spa in the Gulf Medical University campus with tennis view lounge, has a spacious seating capacity of 90 covers. Boasting of specialized chefs, personalized service and set in a contemporary and delightful ambience of soft colors, ‘The Terrace’ is specialized in catering signature multi-cuisines. ‘The Terrace’ products and menus are screened by a team of nutritionists and chefs to cater healthy and delicious food especially to the students.
Thumbay Moideen Masjid: Located within the premises of GMU overlooking Rashid Al-Khadar Street, this beautiful Masjid has separate entrances and ablution facilities for men and women. It is mostly used by the students, faculty and staff of GMU. It can accommodate up to 400 worshippers at a time. The Masjid is an embodiment of the UAE’s rich Islamic culture. Its elegant architecture reflects the magnificence of the country’s Islamic ethos and heritage. It was constructed by Thumbay Group to add to the facilities of the University campus.
GMU hostels offers clean, safe and furnished accommodation in Ajman, for its students. The hostels are located in Al Jurf area (behind the campus – approximately few minutes by bus from the campus) and house undergraduate and graduate male and female students, supervised by a hostel warden. The University provides safe transportation to and from the hostels.
Some of the facilities available at the hostels:
- Centralized air-conditioning
- Laundering, maintenance and housekeeping
- Water-coolers provided on all floors
- Wi-Fi with internet
- Medical support facilities at Thumbay Hospitals
- Transportation to & from the University during University hours
- Weekend visits to Dubai & Sharjah malls arranged on request
- Recreation facility: Special packages for hostel students at Body & Soul Health Club
- Mess Facility available from The Terrace Restaurant with special packages including buffet in the hostel premises
- Full time warden and security
- Nearby Facilities: City Centre – Ajman, Carrefour, Safeer Mall (including a hypermarket, cinemas and amusement arcades, money exchanges, banking services, restaurants, cafes and food courts), City Life Mall, Grand Centrale Mall, Terrace Restaurant, Blends & Brew Coffee Shop, Body & Soul Health Club & Spa.
The University’s Transport Department takes care of all the transport needs of the students. GMU’s fleets of buses ply all major routes of Dubai, Sharjah and Ajman. Bus transportation to commute from residence to GMU and other clinical locations are available to the hostel students free of cost. Day scholars are provided transport on request and on payment of the stipulated fees. All buses are fitted with GPS tracking devices, enabling live tracking of vehicles and student’s movements on real time basis. This ensures a high level of safety for students inside the buses.