|COURSE TITLE||PPC30 Pharmacy Preparatory Course for Licensing Examination|
|COURSE DURATION||160 hours|
|Additional||(40 hours of Basic Arabic for non-Arab speaking)|
|COURSE AVAILABILITY||Five day/week - evening classes (Fall/Spring/Summer)|
|MEDIUM OF INSTRUCTION||English|
|PREREQUISITES (General)||Bachelor’s Degree/Diploma in Pharmacy|
|AWARD||16 CE UNITS|
The Pharmacy Preparatory Course for Licensing Examinations is an intensive course that is designed to train pharmacists on the main competencies required for performing satisfactorily at the licensing examinations held by regulatory bodies so that they could subsequently obtain employment as registered pharmacists in UAE. The course consists mainly of well-structured practice tests and simulated examinations, with emphasis on multiple choice questions, of the format that candidates have to face at the licensing examinations. It provides in-depth knowledge of key areas in pharmacology and therapeutics, pharmaceutical calculations and compounding, biopharmaceutics and pharmacokinetics, pharmacy practice and pharmaceutical care, and pharmacy regulations.
The course accompanies a supplementary Arabic language course for non-Arabic speaking candidates that covers all relevant subject content (medical terminology and counseling instruction sentences) required for passing the Arabic Examination of the Pharmacy Licensure Examinations.
The Pharmacy Preparatory Course is of 160 hours’ duration and is offered over a period of two months.
Upon successful completion of this course the applicant will be able to:
- Recall all key areas that are required for preparedness in taking a licensing / certificate examination as a pharmacist.
- Communicate effectively with Arabic speaking patients to counsel them regarding optimum drug utilization.
- State the major indications, adverse drug reactions, and contraindications for therapeutic agents.
- Perform pharmaceutical calculations needed for compounding and dispensing different types of prescriptions.
- State appropriate drug dose and dosage form for patients using pharmacokinetic principles.
- Provide comprehensive pharmaceutical care to ensure safe and efficacious medication management.
- Apply the knowledge of the importance of dosage, form selection and efficiency of drugs for optimum clinical outcome.
- List current pharmacy laws and ethical issues that are applicable in UAE.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND THE PROGRAM
|ASSESSMENT: Pretest / Post-test|
Continuing Education units
The course has been accredited for sixteen continuing education (CE) units awarded by the University. Although these CE units cannot be transferred to satisfy credit requirements in any diploma or degree level courses in which the candidates may enroll at a future date, they could be counted in advancement of career by the relevant institutions.
PHONE: 06 743 1333 Ext: 401/384