|COURSE CODE & TITLE||NRL29 Nursing Review for Licensing Examination|
|COURSE DURATION||100 hours (4 days a week -Sunday to Wednesday)|
|COURSE AVAILABILITY||Fall / Spring / Summer|
|MEDIUM OF INSTRUCTION||English|
|PREREQUISITES (General)||Bachelor’s Degree/Diploma in Nursing|
|AWARD||10 CE UNITS|
The Nursing Review for Licensing examination aims to update the knowledge base of nurses in all areas of nursing practice to meet the needs of nurses aspiring to successfully complete the licensing examination. The content included in the course is a review of the essential subject areas in the field of nursing practice. The content dealt with will be relevant in the discharge of duties in positions of employment in all healthcare settings managed by the state authorities or the non-state establishments in the GCC countries.
The student on completion of the course will be able to:
- Describe the major health problems in medical, surgical, pediatric, obstetric & gynecological and other related disciplines, giving emphasis to health-related issues of importance to the communities in the Gulf region;
- Describe the clinical presentations of the common health problems and state the progress of the disease conditions;
- State the current medical and surgical management of common diseases in different age groups, with special reference to the young, the elderly and the pregnant mothers;
- Advise members of the community as well as the diseased on disease prevention, health maintenance and health promotion.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND THE PROGRAM
Nurses who wish to appear for licensing examinations.
- Etiology, clinical presentation, diagnostic criteria and management of respiratory diseases cardiovascular and hematological diseases, health problems of upper GI tract, problems of ingestion, nutrition or diet, problems of the urinary system, dermatological and ENT health problems, neurological, musculoskeletal and oncological disease states in the adult and pediatric age group.
- Etiology, clinical presentation, diagnostic criteria and management of health issues related to ante partum care, complications of pregnancy, birth experience, postpartum care and neonatal care in OBG clients.
- Importance of prevention of diseases and its role in the promotion of health.
Small group discussions
Computer aided scenarios
Course Fee: AED 1000
VENUE OF STUDY
Information & Learning Center, Gulf Medical University
For academic advising and planning of their study schedule applicants are requested to contact: The Academic Coordinator, Office of the Assistant Director, Center for Continuing Education & Community Outreach, Gulf Medical University, Al Jurf, Ajman, UAE.Continuing Education units
The course has been accredited for ten continuing education (CE) units awarded by the University. Although these CE units cannot be transferred to satisfy credit requirements in any diploma or degree level courses in which the candidates may enroll at a future date, they could be counted in advancement of career by the relevant institutions.
PHONE: 06 743 1333 Ext: 401/384